Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Huge Site Update/ Announcement
HTML tutorial

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Huge Site Update/ Announcement

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 109/16
    Given: 65/4
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I'm Proud to Announce some major changes to the site... The first, and the most obvious is the notification bar at the top of the website. If you have any issues with it, please let me know in this thread, thanks!!

We now at the top left have the awesome Cashis logo.. Clicking that brings you back to the main forum. Next over is a gray little arrow button: Clicking that brings up the home button which takes you to our main site CashisOnline.Com and the forum button, and faq.

Next is the coffe mug, and now that is your friends request notifications. The next one over is messages, and the bell looking button is notifications, such as a reply to a thread you posted in, someone quoted your post etc.

Now over to the far right you have a picture of your avatar along side your username, and clicking that brings up a list of options to edit your profile.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	homienotificationc1.png 
Views:	52 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	160
    (Click To Enlarge)

Next over is the Ca$his Official YouTube Channel, Ca$his Official Twitter, and The Official CashisOnline Facebook.

We are aware of a certain bug where it shows notifications but there are not any, and they don't go away.. If your having this issue please post below, and let us know.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cashis121.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	157
    (Click To Enlarge)

The next major update is the image drag and drop. You can now drag images from your computer/desktop directly into a thread now. No more having to click the image button, and then clicking browse to find the image on your desktop. If your confused heres a link to the video, and how it works.
    WATCH VIDEO CLICK HERE

The other Major change was to the member list. Right above the Chat box you click Community< Member list
    Here's the direct link: http://forums.cashisonline.com/memberlist.php
    You will notice the member list now lists name, avatar, and a ADD to friends request button. This looks a lot like facebook's friend list, and I think it is awesome, and more intuitive.

I did these updates, and spent $99 because I thought it was worth it for you guys I wanted to make the user experience for everyone here more enjoyable/ more easy, and not as confusing as before....

The other Update is I am now Offering free web hosting to my loyal/ active members. Click Link Below to read more
    http://forums.cashisonline.com/showt...ee-Web-Hosting

Please tell me your thoughts on these updates, and what you think, and If you like it more.
    IF CASHIS BANNER ISN'T FITTING THE FORUM CORRECTLY HIT THESE BUTTONS ON YOUR KEYBOARD TO FIX IT.. CTRL+ F5

Regards,

HomieOC

Member Roadie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 14/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I'm really enjoying the changes so far, however that little coffee mug thing is showing I have two friend requests or something? You said you were aware of that already I believe, also I'm wondering if there is an option to switch the color of the forum on the side that is ours for the user to change colors of the theme if they have a hard time seeing something? Anyways I have high hopes for this place, it looks fantastic.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nafretiti View Post
    I'm really enjoying the changes so far, however that little coffee mug thing is showing I have two friend requests or something? You said you were aware of that already I believe, also I'm wondering if there is an option to switch the color of the forum on the side that is ours for the user to change colors of the theme if they have a hard time seeing something? Anyways I have high hopes for this place, it looks fantastic.
    Yes, I'm aware of that coffee mug bug, and gonna talk to the developer today about it. The Other question you have, are you talking about the WHOLE forum theme?

Member Roadie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Yes, I'd like to change the theme but on my end so I can see it and no one else would. Some forums have the theme where the user can change it for themselves rather than seeing the default form that everyone else sees.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Yes, I'd like to change the theme but on my end so I can see it and no one else would. Some forums have the theme where the user can change it for themselves rather than seeing the default form that everyone else sees.
    I'll look into that. If i can find another theme I like i'll install it.

Member Roadie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

There is another issue I notice as well, let me take a screen shot for you here. I am not sure if it is my browser or if there is something wrong in the coding of the site now. http://gyazo.com/c03b37959e2d4774ef9df975e6a64039
    Thank you for all of your hard work as well Homie, it is much appreciated.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks

There is another issue I notice as well, let me take a screen shot for you here. I am not sure if it is my browser or if there is something wrong in the coding of the site now. http://gyazo.com/c03b37959e2d4774ef9df975e6a64039
    Thank you for all of your hard work as well Homie, it is much appreciated.
    What browser are you using?

Member Roadie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I am using Google Chrome for the moment, I am not sure if it does it on any other browser or not but I don't want to really use firefox or anything.Also getting an error when I do quick posting that there is a duplicate of the post already

Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I am using Google Chrome for the moment, I am not sure if it does it on any other browser or not but I don't want to really use firefox or anything.Also getting an error when I do quick posting that there is a duplicate of the post already
    I changed themes.. is it still happening?

Member Roadie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Let me do a test here and see if it is or not. Yeah it's still doing it.

Reply to Thread
    Post a reply to the thread: Huge Site Update/ Announcement
    Errors
    The following errors occurred with your submission
    This post is a duplicate of a post that you have posted in the last five minutes.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Let me do a test here and see if it is or not. Yeah it's still doing it.

Reply to Thread
    Post a reply to the thread: Huge Site Update/ Announcement
    Errors
    The following errors occurred with your submission
    This post is a duplicate of a post that you have posted in the last five minutes.
    i'll try to fix it for you.. just give me a couple hours .. but google chrome to be honest sucks..lol

Member Roadie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I like Google Chrome because it works faster for me than any other browser, firefox seems to drag and lag for me and I do not have a lot of bookmarks saved. I will go and delete the ones I don't need though if there are some hiding somewhere, but I'm using firefox now and it does not seem to be an issue, HOWEVER some people would be more stubborn and want to use chrome so it would be a good idea to work it out, I will keep checking

Edit to add:nope spoke too soon, seems to do it only on your thread, didn't have a problem on another thread

Senior Member Yes Man ImNotHodor's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/0
    Given: 9/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HomieOC View Post
    i'll try to fix it for you.. just give me a couple hours .. but google chrome to be honest sucks..lol
    Fixed, you are awesome. Is that really the case with chrome? What browser do you recommend?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HomieOC View Post
    Fixed, you are awesome. Is that really the case with chrome? What browser do you recommend?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotHodor View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, chrome is a extremly smooth running browser, but it just doesn't work with alot of websites I have noticed. I recommend Mozilla FireFox. It's the best browser you can get.

I had to change some coding around to fix the notification error, but thats fixed now..

Member Roadie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Notification error is fixed that I see, and firefox does not run smooth:P Having a hard time with that browser, and also it gives me a running script error all of the time.