User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your relationship with your family like?

Member Gang Member
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

What is your relationship with your family like?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    By family i mean your parents and siblings. Do you have a good relationship with them or are you always fighting. Personally my relationship with my family is not very good and most of the time i'm always fighting with them.

Super Moderator Yes Man bootymaimed's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 10/1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Parents are.. okay.. I guess, I'm closer to my mother than I am my father.. He hasn't been in my life a good amount of the time (he's been a truck driver since I was two and he's only home a couple days every few months or so.) I have seven siblings but I only talk to one of them, but not even on a regular basis.. every month or so, I'll see him once or twice.. But that's it.. The rest of them I haven't talked to in years because they're all a bunch of pretentious assholes lol.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 109/16
    Given: 65/4
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bootymaimed View Post
    Parents are.. okay.. I guess, I'm closer to my mother than I am my father.. He hasn't been in my life a good amount of the time (he's been a truck driver since I was two and he's only home a couple days every few months or so.) I have seven siblings but I only talk to one of them, but not even on a regular basis.. every month or so, I'll see him once or twice.. But that's it.. The rest of them I haven't talked to in years because they're all a bunch of pretentious assholes lol.
    I can really relate..

Senior Member Groupie darlynda09's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/1
    Given: 2/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I love my sisters & grandparents.. don't care to much for my parents.. I love my children & hubby!! lol

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Fair enough, I guess.

Senior Member Yes Man Askanison's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/6
    Given: 43/7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I see my Mom and Dad everyday. Either before or after work I swing by and check on them. We are tight and know we have each others backs no matter what. My older brother is Po Po so yeah he and I we don't get along.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Senior Member Yes Man latoya0511's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/1
    Given: 1/1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

At this moment i have the worst relationship with my family. I have a brother and sister and i dont talk to neither one like that. My mother and i have a friendship but its not that great. My father and i are decent he has my back a lot of times. I dont really deal with anybody else. Im to the point where i am about to leave my family alone and get away from them.

Banned Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 13/2
    Given: 5/2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Askanison View Post
    I see my Mom and Dad everyday. Either before or after work I swing by and check on them. We are tight and know we have each others backs no matter what. My older brother is Po Po so yeah he and I we don't get along.
    what the hell is po po? but props on making time to seei your parents everyday. I don't get along with my brother. Father is alright but no real relationship there. I am close to my mom though.

Member Gang Member
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/1
    Given: 7/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Thankfully I have a great relationship with my parents and siblings, I rarely get into it with them and if I do it's always quickly resolved and we are back to being good with each other again. I think it's important to keep a good relationship with your parents and siblings, family is very important and at the end the day they are the ones who have your back the most. My mom and dad are so good to me and I couldn't ask for better siblings.

Member Gang Member
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/1
    Given: 7/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I think po po means Police.lol

Member Roadie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Not good at all. But we are all we have. LOL. It's pretty sad when a family just doesn't have the skills to relate to each other. I love it when I see young parents teach their young kids how to be good brothers and sisters. To value and look out for one another.

Member Roadie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/1
    Given: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I wish I had a good relationship with the members of my family that are still living, but as of right now, I do not. It makes me sad on holidays when we are never invited to go anywhere by my so called family. They have missed out on getting to know us so much, and yet I don't even think that they realize it at all! It amazes me how people take even their own families for granted these days. I was pretty close to my mother until she passed away in 1995, and my grandmother was also just the best grand parent anyone could ever ask for. My grandmother passed in 2013 and I miss talking to her so, so much! The only family that my son and I still have left alive don't call us, they don't email us ever and ask how we're doing at all, they are so wrapped up in their own lives that they just don't get what family means. I hope someday they will before it's too late.

Administrator Reliable Person mdemaz's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 56/2
    Given: 57/0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Eh, we barely talk anymore... I talk to my dad's sister and whatnot, but my cousins seem like they are in their own little world because they are pretty rich.

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 11/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I'm not close with my mom, my dad, or my twin sister. My parents have always fought, so that ruined my relationship with them. My sister and I are very different, even though we're twins.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0
    Given: 2/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Unfortunately my family is quite broken. I didn't know who my dad was until I was 16 as he had never been in touch but my mum doesn't like him anyway. So when he did get in touch she wasn't happy. Since that day my mum and me have had a lot of fights but we seem to be better now and are a lot closer than we was before! I'm not that close with my siblings although I would like to be. But due to me living in my own house away from them, I don't get to spend much time around them, which is a shame. I don't really get along with my dad either considering I hardly know him! Oh well, sometimes families are like that, you just have to be grateful you have them and choose the people you want in your life friend wise carefully!