User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would You Actually Attempt Murder if Somebody Told You We're Already in Heaven?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/11
    Given: 115/21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Lightbulb Would You Actually Attempt Murder if Somebody Told You We're Already in Heaven?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Sometimes I tell one friend or another (here in Oklahoma) that we might already be in Heaven.

I see that so-believing requires a different understanding than the simple, carnal, "I see that it is so, and so, 'So it is!'"-understanding we all naturally have. BECAUSE of the simple & carnal understanding, the friend will occasionally respond, "Well if we're in Heaven, then I can shoot you in the face & you won't die!"

To cut that thought right-off, I reply, "No. Lord Jesus said that 'the things you hold true on Earth will be held true in Heaven.'" I know we're probably supposed to understand that as meaning (though I don't know if I've ever heard ANY teachings on that statement) that our faithfulness on Earth has a 'Heavenly' witness, even if no one on Earth has the signed covenant on-record. But I think it also works for our 'agreement with the rules of science' (we hold them to be true on Earth, so they will be true in Heaven).

Bringing up a tangent: ... one I lost as soon as it came to mind---maybe it'll come back ...

Back to the murder-attempt: I might also use the psychological babble some angel-character in a movie used---something like "Oh, I'll 'die' if you shoot me; but that's just because your mind wouldn't be able to understand my continance."

What do you think about the reality of Heaven?

Senior Member Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 12/1
    Given: 3/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    This is such a weird post that I am not sure whether to be offended or to laugh. If I was in Heaven I would just follow the ten commandments still and not resort to any violent measures. Its like you are already there why screw things up for yourself now.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 10/1
    Given: 23/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

This is the most silliest post i've seen on here by far. First off, no one would have to tell you that youare in heaven because you would already know. The second thing is, once in heaven you no longer have any recollection of anything that ever happened on Earth including your former sinful nature, so there could be no option to think murder. This is an oxymoron of a question to ask. One should say once you realize God has left you behind after taking of of His Saints, would you kill yourself?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/11
    Given: 115/21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TuRon View Post
    First off, no one would have to tell you that youare in heaven because you would already know.
    Where does it say that?

The second thing is, once in heaven you no longer have any recollection of anything that ever happened on Earth including your former sinful nature, so there could be no option to think murder. This is an oxymoron of a question to ask. One should say once you realize God has left you behind after taking of of His Saints, would you kill yourself?
    I'm not talking about 'when we go to the Paradise waiting for us.' I'm talking about here on Earth: would you ACTUALLY kill someone to make sure you're NOT there yet?

Senior Member Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 13/2
    Given: 32/0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I could understand confusing this place with hell, but with heaven? I don't think so. There's just too much suffering in this world. Not even the rich and famous can escape suffering. They do seem to be in heaven to us that don't have that kind of glamorous life, but they suffer jut like anybody else. There are different levels of suffering, but there are some you just can't escape from, like losing a family member or getting sick. I'd have to be pretty high on something to confuse this place with heaven, and if it turns out it is, heaven really sucks.

Senior Member Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 12/1
    Given: 3/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    I could understand confusing this place with hell, but with heaven? I don't think so. There's just too much suffering in this world. Not even the rich and famous can escape suffering. They do seem to be in heaven to us that don't have that kind of glamorous life, but they suffer jut like anybody else. There are different levels of suffering, but there are some you just can't escape from, like losing a family member or getting sick. I'd have to be pretty high on something to confuse this place with heaven, and if it turns out it is, heaven really sucks.
    Hell is more where you would screw things up and get burned for trying. In Hell there is no real escape you are just there to suffer. There is no movie that shows a light side of it. I just don't want to be in Hell when things go south. Heaven I believe is real and is better to strive for than to suffer in the hands of the betrayer. Being in Heaven means that you have accomplish your trials in life to the fullest. So getting there is the biggest challenge.

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 10/0
    Given: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

This question is confusing to me, and makes me feel a bit stupid for not being able to make sense of it.

It is like someone asked me, "On a scale from 1 to 10, what is our favorite color?"

It does not compute...

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 25/0
    Given: 59/1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks

What an amazingly confusing thread! Murder is so emotional and final. I won't let myself get that angry or excited to end someone's existence. Dirty deeds do not go unpunished, everyone with a Mother knows that one.

Administrator Reliable Person mdemaz's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 56/2
    Given: 57/0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Wouldn't God boot you out of heaven for being a jackass?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 17/3
    Given: 20/1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

No, I wouldn't. I don't believe that heaven would allow murder anyway. Even if it did, it just wouldn't feel right. Also, on Earth, there are still laws. I would still be imprisoned, even if it was "Heaven".

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I don't know, probably not. Since I'm in Heaven right? it's supposed to be a place of happiness and stuff, no need to start stabbing people and shooting them up.

Senior Member Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 13/2
    Given: 32/0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I just find the whole idea of heaven strange. Let's say that after you die, you go to heaven. Ok, then what? Spend eternity just revolving around God singing praises and telling him just how wonderful, compassionate and full of grace He is? This really makes no sense to me at all. If that's the goal of life, going to heaven and spending eternity humoring God, then i think creation was just a big waste of time and effort. We'd be to God what Bubbles was to Michael Jackson. Just funny little entertaining pets.

Senior Member Groupie Strykstar's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/2
    Given: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I'm either really high or not high enough, because the post just twisted my mind and made no sense...

Senior Member Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/1
    Given: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Thank god,i thought i was the only one feeling weird about this post.If i were already in heaven,why would i attempt to murder anyone..i mean laugh it off if you want,but i don't understand what he is trying to convey
    If @OP can make things more clear,it will be lot better to answer it all..

Senior Member Yes Man Askanison's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/6
    Given: 43/7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I want some of what ever this guy has been toking....got to be dank!!!

Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.