Received: 6/0
    Given: 0/1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I think I have only been bullied once in my life and I was in middle school. There were plenty of teachers around and they just let it happen. I think teachers are too scared to help kids out in the fear they themselves will get beaten up.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 0/0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

When my daughter was a freshman, she was bullied. There were junior girls who called her names in the hall and when she defended herself, she was the one who got in trouble. It got so bad, that my daughter developed pseudoseizures. She had 9 a day and would just "pass out" without warning. The neurologist said it was the body's way of dealing with built up stress. I had to take her out and home school her now. The principle tried to tell me there were many girls that passed out at school, went to the nurse for a few, then back to class. As a parent, how could you leave your child in school, not knowing if they were going to fall down the stairs or hit their head. Heck, even at home, my daughter passed out twice in the shower and hit her head. After a year she is seizure free and makes A's and B's. I blame the school.

Administrator Reliable Person mdemaz's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 56/2
    Given: 57/0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jasonking View Post
    The teachers couldn't and didn't do shit when I was in school from 2002 to 2006. Mainly because some people getting bullied didn't know the identity of their bullies, like Demaz. But these bullies weren't really like the typical bullies. They would just harass Demaz verbally, and throw shit at him and run away when he got mad. He could of killed them if they didn't run away from him when he gave chase to them, so it was a good thing that they would bolt for it... He would lose it and smash something or whatever and HE'D get in trouble. Bullying where someone gets beaten up is becoming less and less common, strangely enough. It's almost all cyber or verbal abuse now.

It's a pretty psychologically damaging and traumatizing ordeal either way. Going through bullying usually can be a good thing, because it makes you wise up and be not get angry when you are older, because you've been through so much shit that it makes you a hardened son bitch.
    Lol, I probably got suspended like 12 times because people would keep tormenting me and I'd break stuff.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Um, I wouldn't think that teachers enjoy when somebody is being bullied they just seems to have their own problems and don't care about others. Either way bullying is common and it will stay like this whatever happens you won't prevent it.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 109/16
    Given: 65/4
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    Um, I wouldn't think that teachers enjoy when somebody is being bullied they just seems to have their own problems and don't care about others. Either way bullying is common and it will stay like this whatever happens you won't prevent it.
    I think sometimes the teachers enjoy the bullying.. sad but true..

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/1
    Given: 3/14
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

There are plenty of people at fault for bullying. Plenty of teachers won't help. Some kids won't stand up for themselves. Others don't have friends that will stand up for them. Some parents don't take it seriously when their child is being bullied. Sometimes parents don't think their child could be bullying another child. It's hard to deal with, and sometimes, everyone shares a little fault for the situation. I wasn't bullied too much as a child, but I grew up in a relatively chill place, and I always stood up for myself immediately to stem bullying.

I did stand up for a friend a couple times when we were younger, too.

Bullying that involves multiple people or a large group isn't always easy to deal with. Some people truly are monsters after all, and they're hard to stop.

Senior Member Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Seeing so much flak for the teacher's,if i may pitch in...Yes they are at fault,but not entirely,sometimes our attitude is the concern.They feel it isn't their part to manage all these and i personally have been at the receiving end of all these.
    I have strongly felt that bullying occurs only if we have a wavelength difference and only later did i realize it..!!
    Sorry,no offense,i just posted what i felt..!!

Senior Member Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 12/1
    Given: 3/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but i feel that it's mostly the teachers fault that so many kids are being bullyed at school. No one can tell me that teachers don't notice when a kid is being messed around with in the classroom. Maybe the problem is that they just don't care or that they enjoy it. The parents are second on my list. What do you think?
    I do think it is both parents and teachers that are at fault. The teachers are bitter and conceited when it comes to problems. I think the parents do not care because they feel it is just a hoax. So the kids being bullied suffer miserably.

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Most of the time, it's the teachers fault. It's their job to monitor all of the students activities, and if they see them down, sad etc then they should ask them about it and try to sort out the issue. Bullying can lead to other mental disorders such as depression, and it should be recognised in the early stages before it's too late.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ic3squid View Post
    Most of the time, it's the teachers fault. It's their job to monitor all of the students activities, and if they see them down, sad etc then they should ask them about it and try to sort out the issue. Bullying can lead to other mental disorders such as depression, and it should be recognised in the early stages before it's too late.
    I'm fucked in the head from being bullied.. When i see school shootings well ( censored) I'm not gonna say what i think or want LOL

But fuck teachers they don't care. I learned going to the teacher, and or Principal just made you get bullied more, and violence to the bully is the only way to resolve it, and that means doing anything that needs to be done to end the bullying (censored)

Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HomieOC View Post
    I think sometimes the teachers enjoy the bullying.. sad but true..
    I've never witnessed such a situation.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I've never witnessed such a situation.
    I have sadly, and it makes me wonder how many enjoy it. Also, I've witnessed it several times though, that the teacher has been the bully. My parents even sued a school district, and won one once The American schools are a joke sadly.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I have sadly, and it makes me wonder how many enjoy it. Also, I've witnessed it several times though, that the teacher has been the bully. My parents even sued a school district, and won one once The American schools are a joke sadly.
    I know nothing about American schools, so can't state anything.
    I can only say that in schools in Poland teachers just seem to neglect the whole bulling problem. It's nothing they care about.
    Then it's only the victims who later suffer long years after being constantly humiliated.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I know nothing about American schools, so can't state anything.
    I can only say that in schools in Poland teachers just seem to neglect the whole bulling problem. It's nothing they care about.
    Then it's only the victims who later suffer long years after being constantly humiliated.
    Wow, what a shame. If I have kids I'd want them home schooled honestly, but at the same time they need to go to school to develop social situations, and be exposed to certain things if you understand what I mean ?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Wow, what a shame. If I have kids I'd want them home schooled honestly, but at the same time they need to go to school to develop social situations, and be exposed to certain things if you understand what I mean ?
    So you want them to educate at home, but go to school to develop social situations?
    Seems fair enough I guess.