Given: 32/0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks

The bullyng problem

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I don't know about you guys, but i feel that it's mostly the teachers fault that so many kids are being bullyed at school. No one can tell me that teachers don't notice when a kid is being messed around with in the classroom. Maybe the problem is that they just don't care or that they enjoy it. The parents are second on my list. What do you think?

Member Roadie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Sometimes teachers may know if the kid is really targeted by all the other kids. Or if the child is obviously awkward. However, if the same child is always in the middle of things, that one child might be seen as the problem. Also, kids know how to be cruel. They will torment someone on the sly until that person blows up and strikes back. And once again, the bullied child looks like he or she is the problem.

Besides, the teacher may be in love with one of the tormentors. I'm joking. A little.

Senior Member Yes Man mcjonesqwe's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/0
    Given: 11/1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I think it is partly the teacher's fault for what you said, but they can't possibly say something about everything the kids do. And when I went to grade school, they would treat the stupidest little thing that you would do with your friends as bullying. I think the regulations and rules are getting a lot stricter Henry.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 109/16
    Given: 65/4
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I hate teachers, I was bullied few years in row back when i was 13, and never helped me.

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0
    Given: 3/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

It is everybody’s responsibility, i.e. parents, teachers and classmates to ensure that bullying does not exist in school. Any child caught bullying another should be expelled from school immediately. Their parents should also be held responsible because they have failed to teach their child how to relate with others.

Every school should set up a system where a bullied child can report the act anonymously. Bullying should be stopped before it becomes a bigger problem. What’s more, school bullies grow up to bully people in the workplace.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 7/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by muthoni View Post
    It is everybodyís responsibility, i.e. parents, teachers and classmates to ensure that bullying does not exist in school. Any child caught bullying another should be expelled from school immediately. Their parents should also be held responsible because they have failed to teach their child how to relate with others.

Every school should set up a system where a bullied child can report the act anonymously. Bullying should be stopped before it becomes a bigger problem. Whatís more, school bullies grow up to bully people in the workplace.
    I agree. It's everyone's responsibility. I know some teachers see someone being bullied, scold the bully, but then think the problem ends there. Other teachers tell the parents, but the parents think the same thing, and scold the victim for not learning to fight back! Everyone should report and stop bullying. When bullies see that no one will tolerate bullying, they'll eventually stop. Also, bullies are really the ones with the problem. What happened to them? Why are they like that? They have serious issues and their parents/guardians have to talk to them or have the kid see a shrink.

Member Gang Member SpringBreeze's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Given: 4/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I totally agree. Teachers have to notice what's going on. But I think a lot of them say, I don't get paid enough to deal with this crap. And that's sad. It's sad they are thinking this way. And it's sad that they really don't get paid enough to basically babysit the new breed of rotten kids coming out. Which leads me to parents...

Too many parents are crappy parents. They should have never had kids. And too many parents think their kids are perfect when teachers and other parents are saying otherwise. I think we all need to start opening our eyes to what's going on and what constitutes bullying.

I like how caring parents are taking action. I read somewhere that one parent took the (bully) parents to court. Brilliant idea!!! :D

Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpringBreeze View Post
    I totally agree. Teachers have to notice what's going on. But I think a lot of them say, I don't get paid enough to deal with this crap. And that's sad. It's sad they are thinking this way. And it's sad that they really don't get paid enough to basically babysit the new breed of rotten kids coming out. Which leads me to parents...

Too many parents are crappy parents. They should have never had kids. And too many parents think their kids are perfect when teachers and other parents are saying otherwise. I think we all need to start opening our eyes to what's going on and what constitutes bullying.

I like how caring parents are taking action. I read somewhere that one parent took the (bully) parents to court. Brilliant idea!!! :D
    I agree with you

Senior Member Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I think parents are more at fault when it comes to this issue. Bullies rarely attack kids that they know are protected, but they can smell a neglected kid from a mile away and they make for the best targets because they know no one will help them or no one is able to.

Member Gang Member
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

It is their fault, I must give you credit on this. Actually, at my school, there have been plenty of cases in which the teachers have always startled useless disputes between children of all ages, for them to later beat themselves to death... literally.

Member Roadie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Well, my teacher turned out to be an actual psychopath so I was her main victim/target. I got her fired and I don't know why I'm so unlucky because I never bother anyone and I'm a friendly person (and I'm not a pushover). I only come to school to learn and finish up my work on time. So it isn't just kids that bully it's also teachers.

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I remember when I went to school how some teachers would simply ignore bullies and the way they treated other students. I couldn't figure out whether they also felt threatened by the bullies, or if there was something else going on with the headmaster or the parents of the bullies. I'm not sure if all that much has changed these days, only that more kids are driven into suicide than when I went to school. I also wonder whether students get treated differently in private and public schools.

Senior Member Groupie Tumwriter92's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

In high school I would see kids get bullied in locker rooms and my gym teacher would ignore it like nothing happened, I don't know if he was intimidated by the bully or he was just trying to play small on his part, I've never been bullied besides dealing with racial slurs nothing further than that, but notice people could be ignorant or just blinded from their own mediocrity. I hate bullies in general and seeing it happening to other kids would boil my blood pressure and I would get pushed around for standing up for them. Picking on each other in a non- threatening way is fine, but anything beyond that needs some serious consequences. It's been years since I been in school so I don't know the bully ratings are right now, but if it has gotten more serious than it has, than it should be taken with full consideration where bullies should go to jail for their despicable actions towards and innocent beings.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tumwriter92 View Post
    In high school I would see kids get bullied in locker rooms and my gym teacher would ignore it like nothing happened, I don't know if he was intimidated by the bully or he was just trying to play small on his part, I've never been bullied besides dealing with racial slurs nothing further than that, but notice people could be ignorant or just blinded from their own mediocrity. I hate bullies in general and seeing it happening to other kids would boil my blood pressure and I would get pushed around for standing up for them. Picking on each other in a non- threatening way is fine, but anything beyond that needs some serious consequences. It's been years since I been in school so I don't know the bully ratings are right now, but if it has gotten more serious than it has, than it should be taken with full consideration where bullies should go to jail for their despicable actions towards and innocent beings.
    Teachers just dont care

Member Lil' Homie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

It's pretty hard to do anything without the victim cooperating, which unfortunately is pretty unusual (due to the whole "snitches get stitches" mentality).