0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

For the ladies...Hair Talk!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Hey girls,
    (and guys if you want to join in too)
    I was just wondering how you all kept your hair. I'm a huge hair person and have tailbone length curly hair. I don't dye it, I don't flat iron it, and I treat it like fine lace.

I trim it about once every 6 weeks just to keep the splits at bay. I know it's soooo off topic. But like I said, I love hair.

snaphair.jpg

That's my hair snapshot from a video I made a couple of weeks ago. Takes about an hour to wash, condition and braid. A whole day to air dry and I don't wash every day. Too much of a task.

Also, what are your favorite products?

Administrator Reliable Person mdemaz's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 56/2
    Given: 57/0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Even though I'm a guy, I have ridiculously long hair, and I do what you do, trim the ends like every 6-9 weeks depending on if I even have split ends. I use just generic shampoos and whatnot, but they seem to do the trick. I haven't noticed any dandruff, well, much of it, and my hair feels good in a ponytail. Well, I have short hairs here and there, but it's nothing too bad.

Showering each day keeps your hair good. I noticed if I skipped a day because of work, you get a dry scalp, which is a nightmare.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 11/0
    Given: 6/1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mdemaz View Post
    Even though I'm a guy, I have ridiculously long hair, and I do what you do, trim the ends like every 6-9 weeks depending on if I even have split ends. I use just generic shampoos and whatnot, but they seem to do the trick. I haven't noticed any dandruff, well, much of it, and my hair feels good in a ponytail. Well, I have short hairs here and there, but it's nothing too bad.

Showering each day keeps your hair good. I noticed if I skipped a day because of work, you get a dry scalp, which is a nightmare.

Administrator Reliable Person mdemaz's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 56/2
    Given: 57/0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Super Moderator Yes Man bootymaimed's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 10/1
    Given: 0/0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

You have beautiful hair!

I personally have really damaged my hair in the past by bleaching and dying it, and I ended up cutting it really short at one point (like, really short, I actually partially shaved my head.) But this time around, I have dyed it a few times but I've used vegan dyes, so they're not harmful.. and I take really good care of it by trimming it a bit every once in awhile and deep conditioning it every month or so. I wash and condition it regularly though (Every day, or every other day, depending.) I can't wait for it to get longer.. Sometimes I'm really tempted to cut it but my boyfriend (who also has long hair.. lol) likes it So I just haven't.. My hair is currently just past my shoulder blades.

I surprisingly don't have any favorite hair products :C

Super Moderator Yes Man Swagawa's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 13/1
    Given: 6/0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I just shampoo and condition, and brush daily. Don't really style it or mess with it, but I have been told by a hairdresser that I have the softest hair he's ever cut. (;
    If you're a Manchester United fan, or just someone that loves discussing football (soccer), then come check out my site, Red Devil Fans!

http://reddevilfans.com/index.php

We host tons of great contests that can see you winning Man Utd merchandise simply by posting!

Member Lil' Homie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Love your hair!!! My hair is very long and thick, so mostly I just shampoo and condition every other day! I have to admit I love having it straight,so I use a hot iron on most days! I know I'm killing my hair, just not a fan of my thick curls, I find them very hard to control and a lot easier to straight!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 109/16
    Given: 65/4
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fancyface View Post
    Love your hair!!! My hair is very long and thick, so mostly I just shampoo and condition every other day! I have to admit I love having it straight,so I use a hot iron on most days! I know I'm killing my hair, just not a fan of my thick curls, I find them very hard to control and a lot easier to straight!
    Be careful... I had a ex who had to cut off alot of her hair, because she straightened it so much, but she also dyed her hair a lot too.

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0
    Given: 3/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Being an African; I have tough hair that is difficult to comb especially after washing it. Last year I decided to shave it off and allow my head to rest for a few months. Right now it is short and cannot be braided. I bought a long attractive wig that I wear when I am going somewhere important.

I am waiting for my hair to grow out so that I can have it dreaded. Unfortunately my hairline has resided and it is very noticeable when I comb my hair out. I have an option of having a weave sewn on, should I want to hide the problem areas.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 4/1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I'm a guy but I'm growing my hair out. My hair is very curly with tight curls, but not kinky. I always wanted long dreads, I started growing it in highschool but got a job and had to cut it. I started growing it again now that my job allows different hair and it's about shoulder length. A wash my hair every other day.

My girl's hair is tailbone length and curly, not as curly as mine but curlier than Doula Chick. She washes it once a week, never dies it or straightens it.

I don't know anything about hair products, I use whatever my girlfriend buys for her. She usually buys Fructis yellow bottle Shampoo and Conditioner.

Senior Member Groupie darlynda09's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/1
    Given: 2/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I used to have nice hair up until last year.. I let it grow naturally, then it was half way down my back & I cut & bleached it... Now its a disaster to take care of.. :/

Junior Member Noob
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Hello,
    I could only wish that I could have long lovely hair like that. When I have it really long it always looses its style and just looks stringy. Now i get my sides shaved real short and the back as well and then my top is a little longer to cover the shaved sides. It's pretty much the same style as Jamie Pressley has right now. Its short but very sleek and sassy. I have alot of hair and its porous so I have to keep the underneith shaved so the top will lay flatter and look sleek. I use a little bit of hair gum and hair spray but not much of either. Thats it. It's done very quickly.

Member Roadie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/1
    Given: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

You have beautiful hair! I have medium length naturally wavy hair that I have to straighten with a blow dryer first, and than I use a flat iron on it so that it will not be so coarse and frizzy. I always wanted long, straight blond hair, but I got coarse, wavy auburn hair instead. At the moment, it's got some ombre highlights in it and I am trying to grow it longer. I used to have it down to my waist when I was a kid, but it was such a hassle because my mom had to use a bottle of "Johnson's No More Tangles" on it everyday, so eventually she just cut it all off into a pixie...I was very unhappy for years with her for doing that. I like my hair better as I have gotten older, I can do a lot of things with it which is a plus.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 25/0
    Given: 59/1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I love your hair and it looks so healthy.
    My hair is half curly, half straight, thin and a dyed reddish-brown with blond highlights. Right now, the length is two inches below my shoulders. I get a lot of dandruff, so, I am always researching natural treatments. I am just wild about grooming.
    For hair care, I make my own natural coconut oil shampoo and conditioner. The over the counter products have too much alcohol and chemicals that strip the natural oils and causes hair to break and split. So, I moisterize with coconut oil or Kraft Real mayonaise, rinse, dry, then style. I curl my hair every other day. And I add clip-ins for fullness and length.

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

My hair regime is similar.I do not put head on my hair and it is curly. My hair is waist length if I were to straighten it. I co wash, detangle and braid. And sometimes I do twist and my hair takes a long time to dry as well which is why I do not do it everyday. I do mine about every 2-3 days. My favorite and staple products are tresseme conditioner, eco styler gel, and coconut oil.