User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who Do You Get Along Better With, Your Mother or Your Father?

Senior Member Yes Man Askanison's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/6
    Given: 43/7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I would have to say my Mom, but it is hard to get along with both because they fight and argue so much and seem to want me to referee when i am around them. It has been like that since i was a little guy. It doesn't help either that neither of my parents ever finished school so they aren't on the same level with me intellectually in the first place. Sometimes they don't think before they say something and can sound offensive if you don't understand how they think. Was hard growing up that way.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Junior Member Noob
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The answer to your question would have to be my mother, because my father has not realized he has a child, obviously. He is aware that he has a child, he has just chosen to take the easy route and only worry about himself. I am now 32 years of age and my mother has always been there for me. She has always put her children before herself and made many sacrifices. She acknowledged the fact that she had a responsibility 32 years ago. unfortunately, my father missed the memo and still has not realized what it meant to be a father. He has not been there for me at those times when I needed him to be. Just when I think he is going to be there, he disappears without warning, there is no way I can trust someone who does that. I have lived long enough and experienced my mother being there and I am confident she will always be there.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 4/1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tonuiellej View Post
    The answer to your question would have to be my mother, because my father has not realized he has a child, obviously. He is aware that he has a child, he has just chosen to take the easy route and only worry about himself. I am now 32 years of age and my mother has always been there for me. She has always put her children before herself and made many sacrifices. She acknowledged the fact that she had a responsibility 32 years ago. unfortunately, my father missed the memo and still has not realized what it meant to be a father. He has not been there for me at those times when I needed him to be. Just when I think he is going to be there, he disappears without warning, there is no way I can trust someone who does that. I have lived long enough and experienced my mother being there and I am confident she will always be there.
    Your father sounds like mine. Also were about the same age, I'm 31 my sister's 33. My mom's worked so hard her whole life for us, she had 2 full time jobs. I don't blame her for not spending more time with us she did what she could, and my grandma took care of us.

Senior Member Yes Man ImNotHodor's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/0
    Given: 9/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I am the middle child so I really can not say one or the other without it being a little untrue. Eh, we have an okay relationship but it's nothing exceptional.

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0
    Given: 3/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I have a better relationship with my mother than with my father. I have made choices in my life in the past that my dad has not liked. To make matters worse, I went to live with them in the village when I become broke. We never held any conversation or ate in the same room for the seven months I lived with them. I have a younger brother who is awesome.

Member Lil' Homie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I would like too say I get along with both very well! If I had to choose though it would most likely be my Dad, mostly because my mother and I are very similar which causes for arguments at times!

Member Gang Member
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/1
    Given: 7/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I get along and love both of my parents equally. I was blessed to be raised in a household with both my parents.

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 11/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I don't get along with either very well, but if I had to choose, it'd be my dad. My dad is a lot more open-minded than my mother, which is a quality that both he and I share. I can talk to him about different things without feeling like I'm being judged.

Junior Member Noob NaturalBeauty_35's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 3/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I love both my parents to death and I do get along well with them both. My mom and dad always been there for me, regardless. I'm really close to both my parents but I've always been a daddy's little girl when I was growing up and still is. To be honest, I will choose my dad because I was his little tail wagging behind of him. Everywhere, he goes I'm behind, except for when he's going to work lol.

My dad spoiled me, every time we go somewhere, he will buy me something. So, I will say I was more closer to him. Every time, I do something wrong I will always get away with it but with my mom I will get my butt whooped lol.

Member Gang Member
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/1
    Given: 8/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Both of my parents have their good and bad points that make me get along with them and fight with them just as much, but I definitely think that I get along better with my dad. Our personalities just click a little more than with my mom, especially since she has a tendency to snap at me and judge me and say really nasty things to me when it isn't what I need.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Definitely my mom. Growing up my dad was a very abusive drunk and he caused a lot of emotional and physical pain from as early as I can remember until I was 12, when he suddenly had a change of heart and stopped drinking and tried to patch the wounds. I'm on good terms with my dad now, but I can never forget the whippings I'd get to the point where I couldn't cry or breath anymore, and almost pass out from the pain because he wouldn't stop for minutes at a time. My mom went through a lot with him also so I guess that's something we have to bond over. If I didn't have my mom to talk to I don't know where I'd be today.

Member Gang Member
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I am fine with my mom and dad but think I am closer with my mom. My dad worked a lot when I was growing up so I didn't see him too much so we never really had time to form a close bond or anything. My mom stayed at home so I would see her all the time. She's also very nurturing and understanding whereas my dad just wants everything done his way. Regardless I had a pretty good childhood so I can't really complain about either of them.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Love both of my parents but I get along better with my dad. My mom is very unpredictable and I think after 34 years, I'm getting tired of it. I tend to keep my distance. It's a long and abusive history I've had with her and I'm pretty much sure she suffers either from schizo affective disorder (paranoia about people out to get her including her kids, strange behavior, nervous ticks when she gets upset and disorganized speech). My dad is very easygoing and gets along with anyone. I would say my dad hands down.
    As for my take on all that, I've tried my very best to be a better mom to my kids then my mom was. I know she did the best she could even through uncontrollable rage and fits but I want to be better than that. So if I ever get cray, my eldest (he's 15) will say "Mom are you okay, you are really mad, huh?" and it makes me smile and remember that I shouldn't take my anger out on others.
    Last edited by DoulaChic79; 08-06-2014 at 04:47 PM. Reason: typo

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Considering I haven't seen my dad in over 5 years, I'd have to say my mom.

Senior Member Groupie shilpa123's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

It is a common saying that girls get along better with their fathers and boys get along better with their mothers. Even I belong to the same category and I love my father a lot. The best thing I like about him is that he never gets angry and is always very cool. Also, he is very humorous and very talented in sports. He is always there for me and supports me in every possible way. He is the center of my life and I can never live without him.