Given: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

B.O.B

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    B.O.B used to be one of my favorite rappers out there. Airplanes and I'll be in the Sky, those were some great songs that made him stand out of the crowd! He was original and had great lyrical skills that didn't need curse words as repeatedly! (At least the songs I heard). But now he's too much like 2 Chainz and all those mainstream rappers that all talk about the same things! And I know that he tried to get into Rock but failed I think. I just wished he didn't have to sell out to Lil Wayne to get back into the rap business. He has snuck in songs like John Doe so that might be able to get him back to the real B.O.B. But right now, I'd like to know you're opinions on B.O.B.

Member Lil' Homie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I'm definitely on the same page as you here with my opinions on B.o.B. loved him back in the day (should also admit I do love So Good right now). I didn't keep up with him much though, and when I checked back with him, I was disappointed to see the road he went down.

Member Roadie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bmarks View Post
    I'm definitely on the same page as you here with my opinions on B.o.B. loved him back in the day (should also admit I do love So Good right now). I didn't keep up with him much though, and when I checked back with him, I was disappointed to see the road he went down.
    Yeah! It really is disappointing.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/1
    Given: 3/14
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I still like B.O.B., but there's no denying that he was far better when he first broke onto the scene. He's gone a little too mainstream for many fans' tastes, which I'm not doing to deny at all. He's still decent, though.

Junior Member Lil' Homie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I see where you guys are coming from, but I still like his new stuff. I agree that it is mainstream and no different from many other rap songs out there, but his music still has a good beat and engages with the audience pretty well, I particularly like "Still in This B****", makes me feel like a baller.

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 11/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

My problem with BOB is that he isn't consistently good. He drops a decent song every once in a while, but that's it. Then he disappears from the hip hop community for a while.

Junior Member Lil' Homie faithful's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I think the industry has got to him. Because even in his current songs you can still tell that he is a talented artist. Very talented, but it's just the things he decides to rap about. Now he doesn't stand out anymore. He doesn't stand for anything that's why. When he first came out, he had a purpose, now he's just like everybody else. Nothing separates him from the crowd.

Member Roadie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I'm a fan of B.O.B I'm on the page with you that I'd definitely like to see him come back to how he was when he first started out, and maybe he sold out but at the end of the day the man's gotta make a living some way some how.

Member Roadie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob93FL View Post
    My problem with BOB is that he isn't consistently good. He drops a decent song every once in a while, but that's it. Then he disappears from the hip hop community for a while.
    If you dress up all the time people get used to you being that way all the time, if you only do it ever so often then you get more compliments and responses because people don't see you that way all the time.