User Tag List

Thread: What Do You Think of this ‘Skill of Most Successful People’?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/11
    Given: 115/21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

What Do You Think of this ‘Skill of Most Successful People’?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The skill: Following your followers/students/employees/subjects/disciples. The Huffington Post explains how that works, and when 'following' DOESN'T work.

I agree; with the 'condition' that those you follow must have the same ultimate leader.

Some of you think I mean the U.S. President Most of you think I mean Lord Jesus Christ. Some think "Buddha." Some think "mother or father." I agree. With all of you. Perhaps you see that that's impossible, and it might be; but I follow them all by following what they follow ... Buddhists call it the Divine Voice

Nichiren Buddhists (sort of a Gnostic group of Buddhists) know that the Divine Voice is the sound that stays the same amid the melody & harmony & cacophony of the world's sound.

Finding the Divine Sound and following it as close as you can puts you in a position ahead of many others on the right path.

... or does this just sound like another way to keep the powerful people tied-down?

Senior Member Yes Man Whitewolf2578's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0
    Given: 0/1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I don't follow any mythical voice, if I were to tell people I did actions because a voice told me to do so I would be sent off to a mental hospital. How does a guy that weighs 1000 pounds teach you self discipline?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

That's another irrelevant thread you have posted. Religious?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/11
    Given: 115/21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Whitewolf2578 View Post
    I don't follow any mythical voice, if I were to tell people I did actions because a voice told me to do so I would be sent off to a mental hospital. How does a guy that weighs 1000 pounds teach you self discipline?
    Yeah, I saw Anger Management (Jack Nicholson, Adam Sandler) the other night too ... But--acting as if you're seriously asking that question--the 1000-pound man's not begging/borrowing/stealing to feed himself. Kinda like St. Paul says, Buddha "has lived in poverty--barely skin-&-bones--and has lived in abundance, and finds the abundance more-pleasant and -practical as it's not only comfortable but also gives him enough vision to help his followers.

... you asked ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    That's another irrelevant thread you have posted. Religious?
    "Irrelevant" to what? Do you not see what this has to do with 'the secret of successful people'? (or was "Religion?" a guess at what it was?)

Senior Member Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 13/2
    Given: 32/0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Lying and cheating.

Member Roadie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mythman View Post
    Nichiren Buddhists (sort of a Gnostic group of Buddhists) know that the Divine Voice is the sound that stays the same amid the melody & harmony & cacophony of the world's sound.

Finding the Divine Sound and following it as close as you can puts you in a position ahead of many others on the right path.
    This makes sense to me because, if I'm understanding you correctly, the Divine Voice helps to keep us grounded while surrounded by chaos. I can see how that would definitely put people who listen ahead of others who don't.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 25/0
    Given: 59/1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I believe that some people are led on a certain path and others get to choose their own path. The Divine Voice topic is fascinating to me, I will read more about it. Thanks!

Banned Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 5/2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Whitewolf2578 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mythman View Post
    Yeah, I saw Anger Management (Jack Nicholson, Adam Sandler) the other night too ... But--acting as if you're seriously asking that question--the 1000-pound man's not begging/borrowing/stealing to feed himself. Kinda like St. Paul says, Buddha "has lived in poverty--barely skin-&-bones--and has lived in abundance, and finds the abundance more-pleasant and -practical as it's not only comfortable but also gives him enough vision to help his followers.

... you asked ...

"Irrelevant" to what? Do you not see what this has to do with 'the secret of successful people'? (or was "Religion?" a guess at what it was?)

LOL Guy tries to be witty and OP catches him ripping it off from a movie. Classic

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0
    Given: 2/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

That's how I think to. Although I think our paths are already mapped out for us and we just follow the path we are given

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I don't believe that anything is already preset for us. I think that we map out the path that we take by ourselves.

Member Roadie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Azzie View Post
    I don't believe that anything is already preset for us. I think that we map out the path that we take by ourselves.
    I think a basic outline is in place, but it is our choices that determine the path. Not to make it sound so simplistic, but essentially we make the right choice and we go in one direction and we make the wrong choice and we go in another direction.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 2/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

As my spouse says, I don't take any thought into the invisible person in the sky all these people keep talking about. Myself I personally believe that my life is left up to me, some stuff cannot be controlled but some can.

Banned Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I believe in God and the Devil. I believe in karma. I respect all religioin and I believe people should be free to worship or believe in whatever they want. If I found out there was no God though, I'd probably off myself tomorrow. Seriously.

Banned Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I would take being able to get out of a predicament with the "pooh-lease" any day over being able to solve some complicated physics problem.