User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Court Rules in Favor of Father Who Spanked 8 year old for Cursing at Stranger

Senior Member Groupie darlynda09's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/1
    Given: 2/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I'm all for spanking. It teaches the child right from wrong. If you tell them over & over again not to do something or even take things away, they don't seem to get that what they're doing is wrong.. Until you give them a spank, then It finally registers with them.. But i think extreme beatings are super wrong, but in the case above I would've did the same.

Super Moderator Yes Man bootymaimed's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 10/1
    Given: 0/0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I think spanking is fine.. It teaches right from wrong, but there are limits, of course. I was only smacked in the mouth once as a kid, and that was for mocking my mother behind her back lol :/ Usually I just knew better, she'd give me that look and I'd stop.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/11
    Given: 115/21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BryanOnAWire View Post
    http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/260826...rules-in-favor

Personally, I don't really have a problem with this. I think you should use positive enforcement as often as possible, but I think there most certainly are misbehaviors that call for spankings. Not beatings, but spankings. Thoughts?
    Legally, the father has the right to go so far as KILLING the kid; of course he shouldn't WANT to, and of course we all hope it should never come to that. But the kid IS the parent's property!

And usually the spanking is delivered as the FULFILLMENT OF A PROMISE: if you behave, no spanking; if you MISbehave, you're asking for one.

The daughter of Rev. Kenneth Copeland spanks HER children, comparing it to the animal-sacrifices of the ancient Hebrews---as the loss of their livestock set them equal to 'being the people of God' again, the pain of the spanking sets the child equal to a 'begotten one' again!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I'm against corporal punishment of all kinds, even spanking your children, but who the hell brought charges against a parent for punishing their child as they wish? As long as it isn't actual abuse, then I would have thought this was not an issue

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 25/0
    Given: 59/1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I am glad that the courts ruled in favor of the Father because parent should have to power to reprimand their own kids. My problem is that some parents do not know when to stop spanking their kid or they spank their kid far too often.

My parents did not spank me that often, we would have meetings to discuss a reasonable punishment. Alot of people wanted me to be spanked, but they were never successful in convincing my parents to spank me. Perhaps because my Mother was beatened as a child by her own Mother.

Senior Member Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/1
    Given: 2/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I think a child should get a spanking if they do something wrong. Some kids need to be disciplined so they know not to keep acting up. I know I didn't like it when I was a kid and got spanked, but it taught me not to do bad things because I know what will happen. I can't believe the father was in trouble in the first place. A lot of people do seem to have a problem with parents disciplining their kids now.

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 13/1
    Given: 8/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I agree with spanking, I used to get spanked as a kid if I did anything wrong and it soon taught me a lesson. I know I sound like one of these old moaning people now, but modern day parenting tactics are way too soft. I am glad the court ruled how they did on this case, it should set a positive example in future.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/1
    Given: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I don't get the problem. Little kid swears at a stranger, stranger gets offended by bad parenting, then parent comes over and disciplines the kid to do better. Being a parent is difficult.

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

The very fact that something like this would even be brought before a court of law is disturbing. A parent should be allowed to bring up kids however they please so long has they are not putting a child in mortal danger. This is proof that CPS and their allies are getting out of hand.

Member Roadie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I totally agree with that parent. There are some occasions in which it is completely necessary to spank a child because these days, they there are kids that simply think they can treat anybody as they treat their parents. It is a sign of how a parent is managing his child's behaviour at home. When a child does not learn there are certain limits he can not cross, he will grow to be a man that will not obey any law. So I think more parents should follow this example.

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Well, in some situations I think spanking is a good way to handle the punishment, my dad slapped me when I was young when I did some bad things, and I never, ever did those things again. It's a good way to teach the child what is wrong and not to do it.

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 10/0
    Given: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Plain and simple... A child acts up, whoop that ass... Eventually they will stop that bs.

The decline in national ass whoopins has created a generation of knuckle heads.

Senior Member Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I think spanking is okay, but in my opinion, if the parent sets a good tone and culture then there wouldn't be many situations that would require it.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0
    Given: 4/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

A father taken to court for being a good father? What is the world coming to

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0
    Given: 4/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I really don't think a father can legally murder their child, as they're not "property", they are children.