Received: 9/0
    Given: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I liked Tupac's music almost immediately, while Biggie's music took some time to grow on me, but now that I've grown and can appreciate his music and lyrics, I'd have to say that his style has resonated with me a bit more over the years.

Banned Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 13/2
    Given: 5/2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Tupac was a true artist. He was educated and loved to read. This was clear in his songs.
    Read "The Rose That Grew From Concrete"

Senior Member Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/2
    Given: 13/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I like Tupac better just because he looks cuter than Biggie, lol! I also don't like much of Biggie's song's anyway, so I prefer Tupac over him.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 109/16
    Given: 65/4
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sidney View Post
    I like Tupac better just because he looks cuter than Biggie, lol! I also don't like much of Biggie's song's anyway, so I prefer Tupac over him.
    I feel like biggie has a better flow though. I like 2pac better as a person though then biggy.

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 13/1
    Given: 8/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I like both Tupac and Biggie, I didn't know all that much about Biggie until I saw the film that was released a couple of years back. I have a lot more respect from him as a person, and an artist since watching that. But, I was always a massive Tupac fan and that will never change.
    I like how Tupac recorded all kinds across all kinds of beats, some of the stripped down acoustic versions are insanely good, can find a track for almost any mood.

Junior Member Rookie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I'd have to say Tupac for sure. Nothin against biggie but tupac has had a much bigger impact on my life.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Tupac by a landslide. Back when the whole rivalry thing was going on, I refused to even listen to Biggie. But recently, I have decided to give him another shot. I have to be honest, I do like his stuff. He was really good and I like his flow. But Pac was just in a league of his own. His lyrical content is unmatched even to this day. He was able to express himself on such a deep and intellectual level, and he spoke on many topics and issues that are still relevant to this day.

I loved Tupac's poetry as well. He was truly an artist, speaking from his heart. He didn't fall into the trap of just pumping out party songs to bring in money. He put thought and effort into his work, and it shows. I can see now why Biggie is such a legend, nut Pac, to me, will always be the greatest rapper of all time.

Member Lil' Homie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/3
    Given: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

As musicians, they're about equal. However, Tupac Shakur was way more than a musician. He affected people like no other. He was a civil rights activist, he was a women's rights activist. His mother was a black panther. People are still obsessed about his death today. He's haunting Kendrick Lamar to this day. He's undoubtedly better.

Junior Member Noob
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

If we were going to go purely by ear, and I mean "aesthetics" to the ear, Biggie wins by a landslide in my opinion. His flow was very smooth and matched every beat he chose perfectly. I found 2pac's flow to be a bit rougher around the edges, but 2pac's lyrics were much more meaningful. Biggie's lyrics were often very braggadocio, but he did have some songs that were more introspective that delved further into his life and his struggles. I believe 2pac's vocabulary was wider though, judging by his lyrics. I think it's a toss up, but 2pac's lyrics were far superior to Biggie's, while Biggie's sound was much catchier than 2pac's.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I find it really hard to choose one of these legends, because they are both very good and I listen to both of them regulary. But if I really have to choose one of them, that should be Tupac because he addresses a lot of issues that are happening and I like to hear that in the music I listen to.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 10/1
    Given: 23/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tumwriter92 View Post
    Today, I was watching a footage about Tupac's death and there has been many questions that he was set up by Suge. So was Tupac set up by Suge Knight during that night when they got shot or was it just a conspiracy? Was it the Illuminati that set him up? What are your thoughts?

I definitely think Suge has something to do with Tupac getting shot. First of all, how do you have a problem with just Tupac and not Suge? he night in question, both Tupac and Suge engaged in the beat down of Orlando Anderson. Another thing, how can a 300lb 6'4 man not get hit by one of thirteen bullets that riddles the car? The Cadillac that rolled up on the two was able to do it too conveniently based on how jam packed the strip was. I feel Tupac was killed by the Illuminati in order to quite a man they considered a threat to their agenda due to his level of honesty, intellect, & Influence he had on people. Suge just played his part, but he had plenty of motive to conspire along side of the Illuminati. Tupac was going to leave Death Row and start his own label "Makaveli Records" In addition he was going to suit Death Row for squandered money they owed him. (a reported 9.1 million dollars) So Suge would risking a big can of worms opening by letting Pac walk and testify against him. He would lose millions, so by killing Tupac, he can't suit, leave or take make new music that would compete with his left behind masters at death row.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I love both Tupac and Biggie. But having to chose one, I would have to chose Tupac. They are both amazing artist and have some of the most meaningful lyrics in hip-hop. Growing up I was a much bigger fan of Tupac. It wasn't until I got older that I really started to respect and really take in Biggie's music.

I think that nostalgia also factors in to choosing Tupac. So many of Tupac's songs take me back to when I was younger and make me think of how much I really enjoyed his music growing up. There will never be any other artist like Tupac or Biggie. They were two of the greats.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/1
    Given: 3/14
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I like them both for different reasons, and I never like comparing the two. If I had to choose, then I'd pick Tupac for absolutely no particular reason.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Tupac is one of my favorite artists ever. It's hard to compare him with Biggie. As you said, these two are legends. I'm more of a Tupac fan, and will always be that way.