User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two U.S. citizens are now reported to be infected with the deadly and incurable Ebola virus in West Africa.

Senior Member Yes Man Askanison's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/6
    Given: 43/7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Two U.S. citizens are now reported to be infected with the deadly and incurable Ebola virus in West Africa.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    According to the world health organization FAQ on Ebola the incubation period is 2-21 days as i understand. I know the articles I read over the weekend were concerned about that passenger from Liberia and whether or not they were exposed. It's scary to think one person could spread it on and on and not even realize. Just another reason not to travel.
    Article

Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Given: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Askanison View Post
    According to the world health organization FAQ on Ebola the incubation period is 2-21 days as i understand. I know the articles I read over the weekend were concerned about that passenger from Liberia and whether or not they were exposed. It's scary to think one person could spread it on and on and not even realize. Just another reason not to travel.
    Article
    Dude, really? Just another reason not to travel? You're making it seem like crazy incurable things don't happen in the US or anywhere else for that matter. I'll have you know that several dozen people catch anti-bacterial resistant bacterial infections every month by visiting us hospitals. This bacterial infection does not respond to known anti-biotics and is therefore almost incurable. That's by visiting HOSPITALS which are supposed to be clean.

So seriously man, there are scary things going on everywhere don't say that one shouldn't travel because there is scary shit right in your neighborhood too. Stop scare-mongering.

Senior Member Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/1
    Given: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I don't mean any offence,but get the bonfires ready, West Africa is going to need them. And let's pray/hope they are the only ones that need them.How many more deaths is it going to make Africa realize the importance of setting up a quarantine zone.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 2/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Africa is a chaos zone bala, some places have civil wars for decades and don't have enough to eat or drink, I don't think they have the capacity to establish those zones.
    Cashis music videos, check them out!

Senior Member Yes Man Askanison's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/6
    Given: 43/7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I'm not sure if the world health organization will be able to handle it either. Perhaps the UN can stop playing world police long enough to come help. You always see things like this happen in movies where one guy gets it then flies on a plane and it just goes everywhere. That's the scary thought, how fast and far it could spread.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

This is actually pretty scary. Due to the fact no matter how far something is away from the us it can still get here. There are so many new deadly diseases going around you don't even want to go outside.

Member Roadie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/1
    Given: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I know that one of the doctor's from the United States died this morning from the Ebola virus. I am worried about all of these recent outbreaks. I feel that it's just a matter of time before it's all here in the United States. Even in this country, people are not getting the inoculations that they or their children need and it's causing diseases that were eradicated long ago to make another appearance. I am very scared for our planet right now, it is so different from what it was like 15 years ago.

Super Moderator Yes Man bootymaimed's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 10/1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

This is pretty fucking scary.. I read about it over the weekend also. I hope that shit doesn't end up here, I'll never be going out of the house again lol.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/4
    Given: 6/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

While highly fatal, Ebola is not considered highly contagious. . . . It can then spread person-to-person only from direct contact, through broken skin or mucous membranes, with the blood or bodily fluids of infected people.
    So apparently there's not much to be afraid.

Way back in time when DRC was still called Zaire, there was an Ebola outbreak and whoever was the cruel president then imposed a quarantine on the towns where Ebola had broken out. Most of the inhabitants of those towns died but at least the disease didn't spread to other parts of the country. I think the others should do the same to stem the spreading of the disease. If it's incurable then there's no reason to have doctors risk their lives for no reason.

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    So apparently there's not much to be afraid.

Way back in time when DRC was still called Zaire, there was an Ebola outbreak and whoever was the cruel president then imposed a quarantine on the towns where Ebola had broken out. Most of the inhabitants of those towns died but at least the disease didn't spread to other parts of the country. I think the others should do the same to stem the spreading of the disease. If it's incurable then there's no reason to have doctors risk their lives for no reason.
    The name of that cruel man is Mobutu Sese Seko. He was an absolute monster- he plundered that nation mercilessly and left if comatose when he was finally routed. That man's name will forever live in infamy.

Member Gang Member
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/1
    Given: 8/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Even the words Ebola Virus scare the crap out of me! Imagine if someone were to come back from that area and infect other people with it in other countries? What is the United States going to do about two of their citizens contracting the virus?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I wonder how these diseases appear and disappear, a true mystery to me.
    Cashis music videos, check them out!

Member Roadie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I do not see whay this is a reason not to travel. There is bacteria, viruses and all king of parasites everywhere in the world, not just in Africa or any developing country. In the U.S. itself you will find lots of people with incurable and very contagious deseases but that does not make you stay at home to avoid getting them. This is just an outbreak that I am sure will be contained for our sake and tranquility. So do not make this such a big matter man. Do not worry too much or else you will get sick from stress.

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Well, the only way Ebola spreads is through bodily fluids (I think) so stay away from the infected, and if you have any cuts or things like that, do not get the infected blood or saliva or any other body fluid in them, or there's a risk of infection.

Junior Member Lil' Homie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Ebola will not be a problem for the United States because we have good sanitation. Places with bad hygiene, such as Africa, are the ones that will be affected to a greater extent. There is no reason to show concern about anyone being treated in the US because we have good quarantine protocols should things go wrong.