Given: 1/0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BeBeDoLL View Post
    This reminded me of a video I saw before where this guy boiled a Coca Cola in a pot to see how much sugar & other stuff is in it. After he was done, there was a shitload of tar looking mess that was supposedly all the sugar. Anyways, point is that's the crap you put in your stomach, including me..I'm obsessed with Cokes, ahh. I've also heard when you drink a soda, the chemical that gets released is the same chemical that is released after you take a hit of Crack.
    Maybe it is the chemistry nerd in me but I don't know why everyone was surprised at that video. What do you expect to happen when you boil sugar? Totally expected result when I saw that video.

I drink coke as well and I know it ain't good for you but in moderation who gives a hell really. If you are drinking 2 liters a day then maybe you may have to get some help. Everything in this world causes cancer and will kill you if you do something in excess.

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Given: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pascualTO View Post
    Maybe it is the chemistry nerd in me but I don't know why everyone was surprised at that video. What do you expect to happen when you boil sugar? Totally expected result when I saw that video.

I drink coke as well and I know it ain't good for you but in moderation who gives a hell really. If you are drinking 2 liters a day then maybe you may have to get some help. Everything in this world causes cancer and will kill you if you do something in excess.
    LOL # everything gives you cancer. So true. In fact I am convinced that one day we will discover that plastic has been poisoning us all and is responsible for modern health problems. Kinda like how the lead pipes that the Romans used poisoned them.

I agree with you- moderation is indeed key. That being said, I don't think that we should use that to ignore the fact that companies would put benzene into food if it could somehow net them a profit. We have to stay vigilant and not let these guys keep coming up with harmful "food" because "everything gives us cancer". If we do, then we will end up with Soylent Green.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 25/0
    Given: 59/1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Wal-mart, Wal-mart, why... Wal-mart owns Great Value and I am surprised and shocked. I always try to encourage my friends to give Wal-mart a chance, but fake ice cream is a low blow. Similar to Mc Donald's burgers that won't get moldy, just hard, rock hard.

Super Moderator Yes Man bootymaimed's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 10/1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Eh, it's not really surprising. Kind of weird, though lol god damn chemicals.

Senior Member Yes Man ImNotHodor's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/0
    Given: 9/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I quickly lose appetite when I see videos like these. There was one particular video where a guy digs up a month old cheeseburger from his trash bin. There was no mold or sign of decay. It's a great experiment to see how much additives, preservative and other mysterious things that are added to the food we purchase.

Senior Member Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/1
    Given: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

So it has greater proportions of cream is it..? and more than that,they have added corn syrup, guar gum, carob bean gum and cellulose gum,to help the ice cream retain its shape..It really is great value ice cream..Any hints on the cost..?

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

That's pretty damn disgusting, Ice cream these days and other foods is hardly the original thing, companies just add all these chemicals and sorts to make it taste more, I want natural ice cream damn it! D:

Senior Member Yes Man mcjonesqwe's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/0
    Given: 11/1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BeBeDoLL View Post
    This reminded me of a video I saw before where this guy boiled a Coca Cola in a pot to see how much sugar & other stuff is in it. After he was done, there was a shitload of tar looking mess that was supposedly all the sugar. Anyways, point is that's the crap you put in your stomach, including me..I'm obsessed with Cokes, ahh. I've also heard when you drink a soda, the chemical that gets released is the same chemical that is released after you take a hit of Crack.
    Have you seen this guy eat it?

Senior Member Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/2
    Given: 13/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I'm not surprised with what I saw, most foods are laced with harmful preservatives so that it won't spoil that soon at the cost of harming the consumer's body. I wonder if that ice cream sandwich will be pulled out of the market or not after that video was released.

Senior Member Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/1
    Given: 2/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

That is really crazy that the ice cream wouldn't melt. There has to be something in it to keep it from melting. Can you imagine the kind of chemicals must be in it to keep the ice cream from melting? There is no way I would eat something like that. Besides, I like my ice cream to be melted because I like when it's soft.