Given: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by troutski View Post
    He may have sold out, but he was pretty hilarious in 22 Jump Street with Tatum and Hill.

LOL I completely agree!.

Member Roadie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I don't think he was a fake, I don't need to know his past life to like what I see of him in the present. whether he sold out or not doesn't matter to me either. The man is making more money than all of us on here, so seriously now the real question is do you think he cares that we all either think he was a fake or a sell out?

Let me answer that for you....NO.

Senior Member Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 12/1
    Given: 3/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
    I don't know what exactly is the truth but I honestly don't mind either way. If he makes good music then he is a good musician by me. I mean, I don't exactly expect every singer of all the love songs to really mean what they sing nor do I find it a requirement that they have their heart broken. As long as they are able to convey the emotion as realistically as possible then it's fine by me.
    I don't think Ice Cube is a poser that is just people who are jealous of him. He makes good music and movies so he has done well for himself. People need to get a life and find something else to bug on.

Senior Member Yes Man mcjonesqwe's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/0
    Given: 11/1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Ice Cube's definitely not a poser. He and NWA were the real deal back then. He's a tough guy who doesn't take shit from anyone. I wouldn't say he completely sold out, but he's just trying to keep his career alive, nothing wrong with that. He's pretty funny nowadays and it's nice to see another side of him.

Super Moderator Yes Man bootymaimed's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 10/1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I don't think Ice Cube was a poser. He seems like a real dude.

Junior Member Lil' Homie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcjonesqwe View Post
    Ice Cube's definitely not a poser. He and NWA were the real deal back then. He's a tough guy who doesn't take shit from anyone. I wouldn't say he completely sold out, but he's just trying to keep his career alive, nothing wrong with that. He's pretty funny nowadays and it's nice to see another side of him.
    So you think he has killed cops before like he claimed in 'Fuck The Police?'

Senior Member Yes Man Askanison's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/6
    Given: 43/7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I love him, he is funny, he is a old school rapper that came up quick. Then he had to go do "Are we there yet?" I can't defend him sadly, but i could watch Friday every damn day!!!

Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Senior Member Groupie darlynda09's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/1
    Given: 2/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I think he just grew up also... Became more respectable with age & wisdom.. lol.. :P

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Honestly, I think Ice Cube was and is a smart businessman. He definitely made some major contributions to rap and when he realized that he was getting older he, like a reasonable man re-invented himself into a far more "respectable" and legit guy. He not has movies he acts in, and is generally seen as "family friendly".

I think this is a pretty positive role model- not perfect but his climb from being a "thug" to being a respectable family man is something that I think many disadvantaged youth can look up to. He isn't saying deny the streets, he is just saying that you shouldn't aspire to die on the streets just because you were born there. Poser or not he has made a good name for himself and that's good.

Senior Member Groupie Tumwriter92's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Ice Cube in my opinion has always been a good entertainer, I'm not sure he's a poser or anything because I don't know him personally, but since he's been in the industry he has been out of trouble and been in lots of movies/music. I think the guy is getting old with kids and has hit a certain age where he is trying to settle down is gangster stuff, at least for his family.

Super Moderator Yes Man Swagawa's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 13/1
    Given: 6/0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I think they do it so people don't try to mess with them. Because if you knew he was a big cuddly teddy bear, people would try mug him, take advantage of him, or start something with him in public. When they think he's a thug, they'll leave him alone. I know I put a mean face on when I drive through the hood. :P
    If you're a Manchester United fan, or just someone that loves discussing football (soccer), then come check out my site, Red Devil Fans!

http://reddevilfans.com/index.php

We host tons of great contests that can see you winning Man Utd merchandise simply by posting!

Senior Member Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 12/1
    Given: 3/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kayrockwell91 View Post
    Honestly, I think Ice Cube was and is a smart businessman. He definitely made some major contributions to rap and when he realized that he was getting older he, like a reasonable man re-invented himself into a far more "respectable" and legit guy. He not has movies he acts in, and is generally seen as "family friendly".

I think this is a pretty positive role model- not perfect but his climb from being a "thug" to being a respectable family man is something that I think many disadvantaged youth can look up to. He isn't saying deny the streets, he is just saying that you shouldn't aspire to die on the streets just because you were born there. Poser or not he has made a good name for himself and that's good.
    I think that is the problem people just are still in disbelief about him. I think he has matured a lot over the years. He has made great progress in his acting career and produced great films like "The Barbershop".

Junior Member Noob
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I like Ice Cube, I always have. I don't see him as a sell out. I mean, come on, when you get famous, you get big and you get paid a lot of money. Are you really going to keep living in the ghetto when you have millions of dollars in the bank? I think not. If I had that kind of money, I don't care what people would think, I'm going to live it up!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Dude, a lot of these rappers were playing up to a persona. By no means were they actually living the life of being the hardcore gangsta. Even if one had a past similar to the lyrics mention in their music, it doesn't equate them to engaging in that lifestyle during the present time. People need to understand there's a difference between a public persona for entertainment purposes and the artist real life behind close doors.

Member Roadie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I'd never believe that about Ice Cube. If it's true then that dude is a great actor. He's always seemed like a low key thug to me. The most frightening kind. Even now that he's so-called sold out, I still feel that he can go there if necessary. There's just something about him.