Received: 3/0
    Given: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I have no idea what the fascination is with celebrities other than its like watching two trains or cars crash together. Some of the people that are considered celebrities have no talent or use what so ever - see Kardashians all of them. What is the point of their existence.

Junior Member Noob
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Celebrities to me, are simply just human beings. I do not praise them like they are gods and godesses. When I see them in public, if they speak, I speak back. The groupie action, with all the screaming and carrying on, would never be my reactions. Of course, there are some male celebrities who are very nice looking, but not any more nice looking than a non-celebrity. There is one celebrity I literally would love to actually meet, but falling under the celebrity title would make that next to impossible of happening. I am attracted to his spirit more than anything, he is just like his father. If I would have been living at the time when his father reigned, I would have more than likely been attracted to his spirit as well. I have no words to describe the power of those men. Believe it or not, I would feel the same way towards his spirit even if he was not classified as a celebrity. I am pertaining to Kymani Marley, what a beautiful spirit!

Senior Member Groupie Gelsemium's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0
    Given: 2/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Sure there is a celebrity fascination, they are always on TV and people love them, why wouldn't we?

Senior Member Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/1
    Given: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

To be honest,were jealous of their popularity and we want to imagine ourselves in that position.It then turns into a striking thought where we start to follow what all they so,their activities,hobbies..etc.It then slowly transforms into the fascination we have,after we realize it is impossible to attain that fame..
    Prove me wrong..!! i have gone through this..:P

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 109/16
    Given: 65/4
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bala View Post
    To be honest,were jealous of their popularity and we want to imagine ourselves in that position.It then turns into a striking thought where we start to follow what all they so,their activities,hobbies..etc.It then slowly transforms into the fascination we have,after we realize it is impossible to attain that fame..
    Prove me wrong..!! i have gone through this..:P
    Once you get the fame you don't want it though.lol

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/4
    Given: 6/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Maybe the celebrities I really wanted to know about was Jet Li. He's probably one of the humblest celebs alive and considering the fact that he doesn't get much media attention, he likes to keep a low profile. Being sort of a mystery, I found him somewhat fascinating. As for all the rest of the attention seeking celebrities I've never wasted my time trying to find out anything about them.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 109/16
    Given: 65/4
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    Maybe the celebrities I really wanted to know about was Jet Li. He's probably one of the humblest celebs alive and considering the fact that he doesn't get much media attention, he likes to keep a low profile. Being sort of a mystery, I found him somewhat fascinating. As for all the rest of the attention seeking celebrities I've never wasted my time trying to find out anything about them.
    Theres only a rare amount it seems that stay low key. The ones that stay low key live near me..

Ca$his, Fieldy From Korn, and Nicholas Cage. Fieldy Lives about 4 minutes from me, and Nicholas Cage lives 20 minutes from me. I've met Fieldy several times, because my friends mom is friends with Fieldy wife.

I stay away from celebrities generally though, because they all do drugs, except for Ca$his, he only smokes weed.
    So the celebrities that complain are full of shit, and why? Because, they purposely live IN Holly Wood to stay relevant thanks to the Paparazzi... The ones that wanna live a low key life live where i do.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/4
    Given: 6/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Theres only a rare amount it seems that stay low key. The ones that stay low key live near me..

Ca$his, Fieldy From Korn, and Nicholas Cage. Fieldy Lives about 4 minutes from me, and Nicholas Cage lives 20 minutes from me. I've met Fieldy several times, because my friends mom is friends with Fieldy wife.

I stay away from celebrities generally though, because they all do drugs, except for Ca$his, he only smokes weed.
    I'd have loved to live in your neighborhood, dude. But having grown up amongst celebs you're in a position to tell everyone else celebs aren't that great [though a few of them are]. Only a few are . . .

Member Lil' Homie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I myself don't know if it's fascination or envy! I know there shouldn't be a lot to envy with some of them not even being able to go out in public and also getting trashed all over magazines. I have to admit though for me it's envy I would love to have the life, maybe noy the fame part but differently the rich part!!!

Member Roadie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Outside of some big meltdown, or celeb on celeb beat down, I lose interest fast. Entertainment tonight is boring as heck. I can look at People magazine though. For some reason seeing celebrities just walking down the street with their kids tickles me. I don't know how I'd act if I ran into to Tina Fey pushing her kids in a stroller. I'd be totally awkward. Thank God I'll never meet one.

It's not that I think they are better I think I'd think we're friends somehow. Like hey, girl.

Member Gang Member
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I really think most people just follow celebrity gossip and a little escape from their day to day. Reading the gossip really requires no work and it's kind of fun to sit back and laugh to yourself about the absurdity of it. I also think that for the most part we are all a little nosey and reading celebrity gossip makes us feel like we're "in the know." For the most part I think it is harmless and a fun way to amuse yourself.

Senior Member Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I think it's fairly simple. They are rich, beautiful, and talented, kind of like a well built luxury car, and by the same merit, it's also probably why we find it all the more difficult to avert our eyes when they crash and burn. A Honda that gets totaled is not nearly as interesting as a Bentley that gets totaled even though they are both just hunks of metal running on wheels.