Received: 13/1
    Given: 6/0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    A few weeks back I went to my mates birthday dinner, and we were about 1.5 meters from a band that was playing. Was so annoying. There was four of us, and I would have to lean over and shout in the person's ear that I wanted to talk to, and the rest of the table couldn't hear it. Basically had solo conversations the whole night.
    Then when they finally took a break they came around and tried to sell us a CD of their music. -.-
    If you're a Manchester United fan, or just someone that loves discussing football (soccer), then come check out my site, Red Devil Fans!

http://reddevilfans.com/index.php

We host tons of great contests that can see you winning Man Utd merchandise simply by posting!

Member Roadie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Swagawa View Post
    A few weeks back I went to my mates birthday dinner, and we were about 1.5 meters from a band that was playing. Was so annoying. There was four of us, and I would have to lean over and shout in the person's ear that I wanted to talk to, and the rest of the table couldn't hear it. Basically had solo conversations the whole night.
    Then when they finally took a break they came around and tried to sell us a CD of their music. -.-
    Why on earth would you sit so close to the band? Wasn't any other table available?

Live performances, no matter what venue, are always loud, so if you are trying to have a quality time there, besides listening to the band, you should position yourself as far as possible from the performers.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Given: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I just hate it when the band plays heavy songs in a restaurant. Last time, when I was in a restaurant with my girlfriend, we were not able to talk due to the loud volume of the music. Moreover, they were playing some thrash songs which was really annoying at that moment. I generally like thrash music, but I hated it that moment since it was really loud and the distortions were annoying as hell. We didn't bother to ask the band to lower the volume as everyone else were enjoying it. On the other hand, I would love to listen Pulp Fiction's soundtracks while I'm in a restaurant

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Most of the time I enjoy live bands at restaurant, because they add something to the depth of the experience. I don't eat out often, but when I do, I do it because I want to experience something and not just because I'm hungry.

Member Lil' Homie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Music for restaurants is good since you really don't notice it, but there's a restaurants in my area who puts Progressive House music, And turn the volume up, so people don't people don't know if they gonna eat or dance :P

Senior Member Groupie Strykstar's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I think that was just a problem with that specific setup in that restaurant, it seems like not only was the band too close to the diners, you were also on the table closest to them.
    If it had been me I would request to be changed tables or just found another restaurant, unless they started polaying when you were already mid-meal.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/4
    Given: 6/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I like only a specific kind of music. So if a band is playing in a restaurant, chances are I won't enjoy their music no matter how good they are. It's more of a mindset. So if I'm to go into a restaurant and find out that there'll be live music being played, I'll leave.

Senior Member Groupie Gelsemium's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0
    Given: 2/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Usually restaurant music sucks, so I only enjoy it when it's really low so that I can't hear it.

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I like background music in restaurants, as long as it is soothing, I tend to enjoy jazz instrumental, for some reason I always believe that instrumental is alright since ther no words to annoy anyone, just my opinion.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

In my area there is a retro bar where they play live pop music from the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's and people really enjoy the place because of the music. I guess that's the real crux of the matter.

If they put country music to a death metal audience, it's likely they'll soon hear the commotion.. Every restaurant should take a theme according to the music genre they see fit and stick to this, so people know what to expect before entering.

They will have more satisfied customers this way.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

It's rare to find a good combination good music + good food, so I usually eat and than go look for the good music haha.

Senior Member Yes Man Askanison's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/6
    Given: 43/7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Not many restaurants are going to have any good music anyway. Most will be mostly tuned to a satellite radio station playing easy listening or instrumentals. Like Bala I have been to a few more upscale that had light jazz and it was quite relaxing. I don't have the stacks to throw around for that though.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Junior Member Rookie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

There's always some kind of restaurant I avoid at all costs because I know that they will play music I don't like too loudly. I don't even mind music that I don't particularly like playing. The problem is them playing it too loud and it overtaking my voice when I try to talk to the people with.

Senior Member Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/2
    Given: 13/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I really don't mind if they have a band playing in the background, because I normally just concentrate on the food and conversation and nothing else, lol. Sure I might not like the music, but that doesn't really affect my mood and appetite.

Banned Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 13/2
    Given: 5/2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

They play music and dim the lighting on purpose I read. Article said that this affects your calorie intake. You eat more.
    And it is said in fast food restaurants the lights are bright so you eat faster. I said I read it , I dunno if i believe it.