Received: 13/1
    Given: 6/0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I try to avoid things everyone is doing, I like to have hobbies that are my own.
    If you're a Manchester United fan, or just someone that loves discussing football (soccer), then come check out my site, Red Devil Fans!

http://reddevilfans.com/index.php

We host tons of great contests that can see you winning Man Utd merchandise simply by posting!

Junior Member Lil' Homie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Personally I am a leader and a trendsetter. I don't believe in doing what everyone else is doing unless it happens to be something I enjoy. I feel that people who follow fads are sort of spineless and are afraid to take risks but yet vital to make the circle complete. Without this people who would the leaders lead. People use peer pressure as a crutch to do something that they don't want to be judged for but still want to do. If someone asks me to something that I am not comfortable with I say no and I mean no. Lol

Senior Member Yes Man ImNotHodor's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/0
    Given: 9/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

We all are affected by the influences around us and they do not necessarily have to be friends or coworkers. Entertainment like books, movies and the like mold shape our minds and perception. Some people are more strong willed and do a good job in resisting these type of influences. I myself consider myself to be more individualistic and less inclined to follow the foot steps of others, but I can not say that I have never wanted to follow my friends choices. I can see why people do it, it just seems easier to follow someones path other than exploring your own.

Senior Member Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Not at all, although sometimes I admit that I have some trouble determining whether or not my particular decision or action at the moment is really what I want rather than being caught up in the wave of a trend, but for the most part I'm able to stave off doing things just out of pressure. It's hard to determine these days since there are so many new things going on that it gets kind of confusing, but I trust myself enough to be able to navigate through it somewhat successfully.

Senior Member Yes Man latoya0511's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/1
    Given: 1/1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I have never been the type of person to follow trends even when i was younger. I have had people tell me they like my style just because its different. I love to be different i feel everyone needs to be themselves and follow their own mind.

Banned Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 13/2
    Given: 5/2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Social pressure ? Unless you are in high school or some crap like that you should not care what people think. I sure as hell don't . I do what I want . Sometimes I sing to myself and draw stares on the street. You think I give a rat's ass? I once paid a 26 dollar McDonalds order with nickels and pennies. People were giving me dirty looks and some were mumbling. When the mumbling got too loud like "what is this dude homeless" and " this effin guy" I would turn around and stare right at that person. The mumbling stopped.

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    Do you do things you don't like just because everybody is doing it?
    "The people that hate me, I want them to hate me even more, I'm not looking to make them happy"

Member Roadie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I think social and peer pressure is such a decider for young people on the way they act. I think it's really sad when you just see people blindly following their friends and not thinking about the consequences. It's something that, sadly will never change but I guess you just have to remain conscious that it exists like other dangers.

Senior Member Groupie firelily99's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Social or peer pressure can affect people of all ages but it really shows itself the most with the younger crowd. The bottom line is that you have to decide if you want to follow along with the flock of turkeys or you want to soar above with the eagles.

Junior Member Lil' Homie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

When you're young you look to other people for examples of how to learn how to be. That starts out with your parents and then that begins to include television and media but eventually also includes your friends. I've found and witnessed that as people age and are forced to eventually be on their own, while those people from their past influence their decisions eventually they develop them personality.

Senior Member Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 13/2
    Given: 32/0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks

You see? We don't really know what to believe, because we're doing the exact same thing in here. We might be saying we would never do what we don't like because everyone in here is saying the same thing. Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying that you guys aren't being honest, i believe you are, but there's always an element of doubt when we're asked these type of questions. There's an episode of South Park about changing the South Park racist flag, where when people are asked what they think, everyone says the same thing. If you haven't seen it, go watch it. I'ts one of the best episodes.

Senior Member Yes Man Askanison's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/6
    Given: 43/7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Nah i have never been one to follow the pack. If i like it i am gonna do it, not because everyone else is doing it too. You see so many trends just come and go and the very same people making fun of it are the same ones that were singing it's praises just weeks before.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Senior Member Yes Man Whitewolf2578's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0
    Given: 0/1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I don't follow the fad of style I know that much. Mostly I do the same thing as Homie, whatever I want. It is important to be unique.

Super Moderator Yes Man bootymaimed's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 10/1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I don't care what people think anymore, I did when I was younger though.

Junior Member Rookie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I don't, but it's so easy for people to do. We've still got these ancient survival instincts where we want to belong to a group.