User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you consider a close friend?

Super Moderator Yes Man Swagawa's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 13/1
    Given: 6/0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Someone that I am down to chill with on a nightly basis I consider a close friend. If I chill with you once a week, then we're friends, but not close.
    If you're a Manchester United fan, or just someone that loves discussing football (soccer), then come check out my site, Red Devil Fans!

http://reddevilfans.com/index.php

We host tons of great contests that can see you winning Man Utd merchandise simply by posting!

Member Roadie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/1
    Given: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I think a close friend is someone who is there for you no matter what is happening! I thought that I had some of those, but it turned out not to be the case. Unconditional love comes to my mind whenever I think of a close friend and what that definition should include. A close friend is also someone who knows you and all your quirks and still likes you in spite of them. I also feel that a close friend is honest with you even if you don't agree with what they're saying. A close friend is a good listener, one who actually hears what you're saying instead of interrupting you so that they can tell you what is happening with them, I see this happening all the time. It's sad that people just don't take the time to listen to each other like they used to. Technology is great, but socialization is taking a big hit as a result of so much of it.

Senior Member Yes Man mcjonesqwe's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/0
    Given: 11/1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

A best friend is someone who is like an adopted brother or sister of yours. You can call them up whenever and just do whatever and be completely entertained just by being with them. They have your back, can talk to you about anything, and you would feel completely normal if they walked into your home randomly.

Senior Member Yes Man Askanison's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/6
    Given: 43/7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

You mean my person. It is pretty easy to figure out who that is or if you have one. Just think "If i murdered someone, what person out of everyone would i call to come help me dispose of the body. Bam that's yo person. I have that one friend I have known since childhood that is mine and we would do anything for one another. It's a good feeling.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/0
    Given: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

A true friend for me is someone who I can be totally natural with. I don't have to pretend anything at all. I think real, lasting friendship is one of the greatest treasures in life. I am fortunate to have such a person and couldn't imagine what it would be like if he suddenly disappeared for some reason.

Senior Member Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

To me, a close friend is someone who doesn't expect anything of me. By that, I mean someone who won't get all worked up just because I miss an event in his or her life. I think a true friendship goes way beyond just attending birthdays and weddings, and conversely, I find that most people who expect such things usually only befriend people so they could have them as props in their made up world.

Junior Member Rookie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

A close friend to me is someone who won't bullshit you. They'll tell you when you're fucking up, give you their honest opinion, but won't judge you for it. And it just depends on contact- I have some friends that if we don't talk for a while, it take some time to get back to the level of friendship we were at. Then I have some friends where we can not talk for a few months, and when we hang out, it's no different at all.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 2/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Yeah, no close friend will tell you lies or one thing in your face and other in your back, no liars for friends than you.
    Cashis music videos, check them out!

Senior Member Yes Man ImNotHodor's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/0
    Given: 9/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

A close friend is someone who cares. There are times when I did care too much about certain people that really should not have deserved my attention. I have been able to filter out the 'good' ones and I really appreciate the connections I have now. In high school I remember being taken to the precinct over night because of a petty warrant, it was when my current friends actually showed they cared. We've been through a ton of trouble together and that's why we are pretty close.

Senior Member Yes Man Whitewolf2578's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0
    Given: 0/1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

True, usually most people only have one close or best friend. My best friend is a total dick, which is a good thing because I can be a total dick to. So that is why we work well together. You should be able to depend on your close friend, whatever the problem may be.

Junior Member Lil' Homie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I think you're best bet is to just have a lot of siblings and cousins. Being buddy with a bunch of people will most of the time end in a train wreck. lol They're not worth anything.

Senior Member Groupie Strykstar's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bocat View Post
    I think you're best bet is to just have a lot of siblings and cousins. Being buddy with a bunch of people will most of the time end in a train wreck. lol They're not worth anything.
    In my experience friends that are not related to you end up being much closer than the people who are.
    I can't really explain it, but since you don't have the family relationship in common, you find other stuff to have in common and end up bonding over that.

Senior Member Groupie darlynda09's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/1
    Given: 2/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I think true friends are the people that are always there for you, regardless of whats going on in your life. They have your best interest at heart, and have the same interests as you do & wouldn't do anything to betray you..

Super Moderator Yes Man bootymaimed's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 10/1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I think a close friend is someone that you can tell your problems to and not be judged.. Someone that you can be yourself around, even if that means skipping around through walmart in pajamas at 3 in the morning, and someone that sticks by you no matter what happens.

Administrator Reliable Person mdemaz's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 56/2
    Given: 57/0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Someone who can make fun of you and get away with it, someone who's been there since the beginning and someone who you respect and show admiration for.