User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you consider a close friend?

Member Roadie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

What do you consider a close friend?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    What I mean by a close friend is one that COMPLETELY understands you and you could have nothing to talk about but you feel perfectly comfortable sitting there with then. Do you think regular contact is necessary for that bond? What length does regular contact mean for you?

Senior Member Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/1
    Given: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

A close friend is one like a mirror image of my personality.He should understand my inner feelings and comfort if ever plunge into grief.
    It needn't be a close bond.For instance mine has not been in regular contact for over a couple of months,but he still understands what i want to convey..
    In this case it necessarily isn't a boy..a girl maybe..:P

Member Roadie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Yeah definitely I agree on your definition of a close friend. Where when their so close they're considered family. However I personally feel that regular contact is necessary to maintain this bond because friendships take effort and only if you take the time to build and maintain that understanding will it remain like that.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/4
    Given: 6/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

A real friend is one you can be yourself around. It's the sort of person you can be away from for ages but when you come back, you can start a conversation and talk as if you were gone for a day. A real friend will always be there for you even when you don't need them. S/he is the one person you can tell a secret and know that s/he'll never use it against you.

Most people want good friends but they're not willing to be good friends to others. In life you have to give first in order to get something back.

Senior Member Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/2
    Given: 13/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I get what you mean, I know some people in my life who I am comfortable sharing anything and everything with them. Our contact is quite intermittent too, but when we get in touch again, the bond is just the same. Regular contact is not required to maintain a strong bond in friendship, although it is a must when you 2 have just known each other. But if you have known each other for a long time already, then frequent contact is not required.

Senior Member Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 13/2
    Given: 32/0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Close friends are an endangered spicies right now, for me, at least. I've had too many bad experiences with close people i thought i could trust. Once i got into a fight in a bar sticking out for a supposed close friend. We ended up in jail for the night. He called somebody, got bailed out and he just left me there till the next day all bruised up. So much for close friends.

Junior Member Rookie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I think a close friend is someone you can trust like connected family, someone you can trust with secrets, come to for help, and trust with your life. I think alot of people pick best/close friends too easily, and wind up getting hurt. I've had a few negative experiences with friends in the past, and they taught me to know who my close friends really are.

Member Gang Member
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I consider a close friend a friend that i can talk to about anything. A friend that knows most of my secrets that i don't share with anyone else not even my family. I had such a friend but due to lack of regular contact anymore we're not so close anymore so i would say regular contact is definitely important.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 2/0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I think a close friend is someone who is loyal to you,has your back no matter what & cares about your well being. A close friend is someone who will be there through the thick and thin. Real close friends;you would do the same for and that can know what you're about to say without you even speaking because they know you that well. In my opinion, they are people who will not hesitate to tell you the truth instead of what you want to hear & give you a shoulder to lean on when necessary.

Close friends to me are better in quality, not quantity.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 109/16
    Given: 65/4
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BeBeDoLL View Post
    I think a close friend is someone who is loyal to you,has your back no matter what & cares about your well being. A close friend is someone who will be there through the thick and thin. Real close friends;you would do the same for and that can know what you're about to say without you even speaking because they know you that well. In my opinion, they are people who will not hesitate to tell you the truth instead of what you want to hear & give you a shoulder to lean on when necessary.

Exactly.. I only have 1 best friend and that's Ramone ( Ca$his)

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 2/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

A close friend is someone who gets me an would do anything for me and that would be mutual.
    Cashis music videos, check them out!

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Someone who I would do anything for, and he/she would do anything for me. Someone that you can trust with your deepest secrets, and not getting them revealed. But you always gotta' be careful of who you can trust and who you cannot, they might just stab you in the back in the end anyways.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 10/1
    Given: 23/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BeBeDoLL View Post
    I think a close friend is someone who is loyal to you,has your back no matter what & cares about your well being. A close friend is someone who will be there through the thick and thin. Real close friends;you would do the same for 8and that can know what you're about to say without you even speaking because they know you that well. In my opinion, they are people who will not hesitate to tell you the truth instead of what you want to hear & give you a shoulder to lean on when necessary.

I couldn't have said that better! I have a bond like this with my best friend since grade school. We would never cross one another, and always have each others back and Always Will.

Senior Member Groupie Strykstar's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I think it might just be someone who has no trouble telling you when you have something stuck in your teeth

Member Roadie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I don't many of those anymore, but i think a close friend is somebody who helped you through a lot of things and is like your family. If somebody is my friend i would risk my life for them.