Given: 65/4
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by zenchit View Post
    The most annoying thing ever is when your sitting with friends and their all on there phones. It's like the world around them. The real world doesn't exist. I don't buy the whole thing that it makes you more connected to the world. I think it makes you less connected because you move further away from reality with each minute we spend on social networks.
    Dude.. I hate when my friends do that

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/0
    Given: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Yes, I am tired of disorientated people blocking my way in the street, shops, wherever. Every evening when I go walking in the park, I see people glued to their smartphones and tablets. Every morning in the metro, nine out of ten are fiddling with their phone. I often think I could walk around naked and no one will notice, if it wasn't for all the security cameras.

Junior Member Lil' Homie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Yes I definitely feel that we are addicted to our screens. The constant no stop checking in either via Facebook,Instagram,Groupme, and Twitter has become annoying.

My friends and I play a game when we are together. We all put our phones on silent and in a pile. Whoever picks up there phone has to pay for dinner. It keeps engaged in only the conversation that we are having at the table.

Member Gang Member
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Yes i agree with you. It has definitely gone too far. I myself am hardly ever on facebook. So many accidents are being caused by people texting and doing other stuff while driving. It's just not worth it.

Member Lil' Homie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

A lot of people can get addicted to social networks and phones because they provide you a lot of fun and let you communicate with people but getting addicted is wrong and makes you lose your mind, all what you need is to get a bit far from social networks and phones.

Super Moderator Yes Man bootymaimed's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 10/1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

See now, I actively use both my phone and Facebook but I could easily do without both. I mainly use them to keep in touch with friends/family every now and again but I've gone days without using both.

Member Lil' Homie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I am not using Facebook in my phone and rarely when I am with friends I check the phone since in my opinion it is annoying people tapping their phones all the time.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I can say I am absolutely addicted to my phone/Facebook. I feel like its somewhat of a security blanket for me because whenever I feel uncomfortable in public I check my phone and whenever I'm at home and bored, I check my phone. I'm constantly on my phone, and my primary form of communication is Facebook messenger. Its great because its got video capabilities, photo capabilities, music capabilities. Its really a great way to connect with people.
    That being said, I hate being so obsessed with my phone. I'm definitely not as bad as some people, because when I'm with family or friends I don't generally check my phone. I often find myself sitting with my friends staring awkwardly as they stare at their phones completely absorbed, but I do join them at times because what else am I going to do?

Senior Member Groupie kaitheteen's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

It's definitely something to be concerned about. I remember when I couldn't go 15 minutes without reaching for my phone in my pocket. Really sad, but I've maintained a good habit. Just put your phone in a stack with your friends' when you're out eating with them. Really helps.

Junior Member Lil' Homie Rizzio's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 19/1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I am so appalled with our current "Smart phone" generation that I have deleted my Facebook account. I go out and I have real conversations again. I have begun slapping peoples phones out of their hands when they are not fully invested with the conversation.
    Facebook is a tumor.

Member Roadie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 2/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

If you're out with others in person please take the time to hang out with them. It isn't the end of the world to put away your phone for a couple of hours...

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

This is definitely one of my biggest pet peeves. Actually, I think that my vitriol for this behavior has grown beyond the label of peeve to something closer to hatred. I am not a misogynist by any means, but this is definitely a bigger problem with females than it is with males. Teenagers are probably the biggest culprits, but teenage girls are the worst. My girlfriends mom literally sits on the facebook for like 14 hours a day, neglecting her children and failing to cook and clean the house. It is just pathetic. My neighbor even sleeps with her phone. I mean seriously, wtf?

Senior Member Groupie shilpa123's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Yes, the Facebook and phone chatting has gone too far. However, people find it much easier and cheaper to chat on the phone than to talk on phone. However, people should understand their limits and text accordingly. Too much of anything can be very bad for a person. It is not good to be always in the world of texting as you will never know what is happening in the surrounding.

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zuulspaceman View Post
    However, when I have some free time the last thing I want to do is sit here and watch pictures of my friends and their babies scroll by.
    SAME HERE!! I really don't care at all about stuff like that.

I have always hated talking on the phone but I always have it on me in case I get a text or an email. I do check my phone A LOT throughout the day but I don't think I'm addicted. I hateee Facebook and need to deactivate again...I don't even read my friends' stuff anymore and I get annoyed when people try to contact me on there, lol.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I'm not a Facebook fan, but I have some relatives who are addicted to the site. The OP is right about the phone also because I know people who will not put down or turn it off except to charge. Both are alright until you believe you can't function without them.