User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How old is too old to be living with your parents?

Banned Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 13/2
    Given: 5/2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    i love my friends who say they moved away when they were 15 and never looked back. and they are proud of it too. i dont judge but i think having a good relationship with your parents is really important for your own well being down the road.

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks

It depends if you have a good relationship with your parents. I didn't have a dad and my mother drived me instance all the time, so I had to move out as soon as it was possible. Relating to your sister it's not really fair of her. She should help out your parents especially because she has a good job.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 2/0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks

It does depend on the situation and how your parents are.. Everyone has a mooch in their family. I have one too. It sucks because sometimes I feel like I am the "good" kid and I work, have my own place, and never get in trouble. I don't ask for help with money or anything. But then there's the moocher in my family that is the complete opposite & she gets soo much more attention even though it's bad attention, she eats it up and loves it. I feel like my parents reward her for bad behavior and continue to enable her because they feel bad for her.

Super Moderator Yes Man bootymaimed's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 10/1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I think it depends. If you're just mooching off your parents/not working/not doing shit, then you need to get out and get your priorities straight.

Senior Member Groupie darlynda09's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/1
    Given: 2/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I think around the age 19-22 is an approximate age that people usually leave their homes.. Sometimes younger, sometimes older.. Really depends on the situation of the parent/s.. My brother in law still lives with him mom & he's 25, but she prefers that.. Its the only family that she has in Canada, besides my hubby.. But my hubby moved out when he was 23, I moved away from my hometown at the age of 21.. So depends on the situation really!

Member Gang Member
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I think it depends on a lot of things. In my country most people don't move out of their parents' house until they find a job (after college).

Member Lil' Homie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I'm with the idea of leaving the house when you're 18 and then go to collage and start a new life by yourself. people who stay till their mid 20's are unreliable because life is too short if you're gonna start your life when half of it is gone.

Junior Member Lil' Homie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I hope to move out once I finish school - and at least have a job or decent money, whether that's an 'honest' living is another matter.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/4
    Given: 6/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

There's no right or wrong age to leave your parents home. They're your parents after all. But if you intend to get married and raise a family of your own then I suppose you'd need to, at that time, find a place of your own so you can give to your kids what your parents gave to you. But I know a man who lived with his parents until he was 35 or thereabouts. He works, yeah, but he has no intentions of leaving the 'nest.'

Senior Member Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/1
    Given: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Early twenties should be the ideal time to move out and look out for something on your own.
    25 is too late,but maybe 22-23 is ideal here.You should never be a burden for your parents and the sooner you move out,the better.

Junior Member Rookie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I think you should move out of your parents house ASAP after you finish college, especially if you aren't helping out with bills and such. I agree that 30 is a bit old to remain in your parents house.

Administrator Reliable Person mdemaz's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 56/2
    Given: 57/0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks

If you are perfectly capable of living by yourself, then you should leave at like 23.

In my case, however, I'm forced to look after my mother, so I'm probably not going anywhere unless I make big bank with this music shit.

I'm only 25, so I'm not doing that bad, I guess.

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I don't really think that you can ever be too old to live with your parents if you enjoy living with them. Naturally, it's a different story if you want to move on but can't due to financial restrictions or certain obligations. I left home when I was 16. So perhaps another question is: How young is too young to leave home?

Member Lil' Homie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I think that there is not a certain age specified to not love your parents anymore. In my opinion it is good maintain good relationship with them. I am personally 20 I am still living with my parents simply cause I just got a job a couple weeks ago and I was out of money. However, I am doing work for a year and then I am maybe moving away because of my studies.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 10/1
    Given: 23/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Some people never get a backbone to get out there on their own. Once a person gets complacent with depending on the parent or whoever they mooch off of they get a sense of insecurity & fear of having to fend for themselves in society. I personally know a few people that are just scared of life on their own because they just don't have the ethic to work or the will to become independent. As far as the age code, I feel 25 is about the time you should have an idea of what direction you wanna go independently. If you live at home to help your parents, then there is no age limit to that. Big difference between freeloading & paying your portions of the bills at your parents house.