User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you ever competed in any kind of music competitions?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 0/0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I played the flute since I was in the 5th grade. By the time I was in high school, I had competed in All city and All state band competitions, solos, duets, trios, and quartets. I took private lessons from the 1st chair flute player in the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra. When I was a senior I toured Europe with a group of students from all over the United States. I was 2nd chair flute. Or to put it modestly, the 2nd best in the country! I will never forget my music days.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 10/1
    Given: 23/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Yes I have and also took it a little further. I recently landed a deal to have my song called "Wake Up" on a movie soundtrack. The whole plug came from a connection on Facebook. The upcoming movie is called "Don't Shoot I'm the Guitar Man" I am humbled and blessed to have this great opportunity. I traveled from Kansas City, Mo. to Oakland California to record the song last Nov. @ Fantasy Studios with the legendary Chief engineer Michael Rosen.

Member Gang Member
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Sadly no. It seems like those musical instruments are not fond of me and my own voice doesn't sound so good to be perfectly honest. So i think i made the wisest decision by not engaging myself in such public activity, like joining a competition. It would completely kill my self-esteem if i join such competition and i get a big fat NOOO from the judges or the audience. So I'd rather keep this tiny bit musical capabilities i have, like singing out of tune, to myself.

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I have participated in singing competitions and also in instrumental band competitions, I enjoyed every minute of it, especially when he results were about to be announced ,I would be very nervouse.

Senior Member Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/1
    Given: 2/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I have never competed in a music competition, but I know people who wanted to try out. I don't think I would ever have the nerve to compete in the competition. I don't have thick enough skin to do something like that.

Super Moderator Yes Man Swagawa's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 13/1
    Given: 6/0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

If u consider Rock Band a music competition. :P I would play my heart out to get a better score then my mates. (;
    If you're a Manchester United fan, or just someone that loves discussing football (soccer), then come check out my site, Red Devil Fans!

http://reddevilfans.com/index.php

We host tons of great contests that can see you winning Man Utd merchandise simply by posting!

Member Roadie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

The last time I participated in a musical competition I was in middle school and I got second place. I don't think the singing part/rapping part and being on stage part is my thing in music, I think if I was ever to get involved with it I'd more of the writer than anything else.

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0
    Given: 3/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I participated in music competitions when I was in primary school. I remember one time when we were to go for a competition and I had tonsils. My music teacher allowed me to go with the group even though I was not going to sing.

When the time came for the group to be on stage, I started crying to be allowed to sing. My music teacher agreed to let me sing. I heard one of the judges comment and say that girl (me) had been crying. We still managed to go to the next level. Today I enjoy singing in the shower.