Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Pregnant teen and boyfriend killed after seeking online sex

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    http://nypost.com/2014/07/21/teen-st...anger-for-sex/

WYOMING, Mich. — A pregnant Michigan teenager was strangled and her boyfriend was decapitated after apparently connecting with a stranger through the online service Craigslist for a sexual encounter, police said Monday.

The police chief in Wyoming, a Grand Rapids suburb, said 18-year-old Brooke Slocum was held captive before her death. Her body was found Thursday in the trunk of the suspect’s car. She was eight months pregnant.

Chief James Carmody said her boyfriend, Charles Oppenneer, 25, was found decapitated in a park a day earlier. His head hasn’t been found.

It’s likely that Oppenneer died of some kind of head trauma, but that couldn’t be determined without his head being found, police said.

Emails indicate that Slocum connected with the suspect, 31-year-old Brady Oestrike, through a Craigslist ad and arranged a sexual encounter for which Oppenneer would be present, according to investigators.

Police got a search warrant for Oestrike’s home, and he fled. He fatally shot himself after crashing his car, after which police found Slocum’s body.

Carmody said it has been a “hellish environment” for officers as they investigated the various crime scenes, including Oestrike’s home.

Investigators collected at least 400 items from Oestrike’s home, including firearms, ammunition and knives. They also seized a number of electronics items and possessions from both victims.

Police said they plan to keep investigating to see if there were any other people involved in the killings.
    wtf???????

Senior Member Groupie Gelsemium's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0
    Given: 2/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

What kind of monster kills two people and one of them 8 months pregnant?? What were they seeking sex for on Craiglist though??

Junior Member Rookie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gelsemium View Post
    What kind of monster kills two people and one of them 8 months pregnant?? What were they seeking sex for on Craiglist though??
    All I seem to hear is about how dangerous it is to solicit sex through Craiglist, although people still seem to do it anyway.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 109/16
    Given: 65/4
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hawkkeye View Post
    All I seem to hear is about how dangerous it is to solicit sex through Craiglist, although people still seem to do it anyway.
    I know, and i don't get it. I've used free dating websites before, and never had issues though.

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Wow that is some crazy shit right there. Bloody Craigslist, man! I just got up and checked the door because someone I met off Craigslist delivered something to me earlier today. He seemed legit, but when you think about it... how many nutters have crazy tattooed on their foreheads?

Those poor people were just looking to have a bit on fun and now they are dead. So many crazy bastards out there sometimes I just want to give up on the world. Damn.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/4
    Given: 6/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Those Craiglist psychos . . .

But I don't see why anyone should solicit sex on Craiglist. Was the killer some kind of 'punisher' who has a grudge on anyone selling sex or anyone who is a fetishist of sorts? Maybe this should be a grim lesson to anyone who'd like to get anything from Craiglist as long as it involves meeting anyone in person.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/1
    Given: 3/14
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I mean, it was probably sexual for the killer, right? :/

Member Roadie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

It's so easy to be misled online. I would avoid it complete lying just because the risk outweigh the benefit tenfold. There is no reason to have to seek sex on craig list. It's moments like these where society has to be put a mirror up and look at the monster we have created.

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Yeah well you have to be careful online. Crazy people of all sorts just use the internet as a way to satisfy their mental illnesses, really sad to see. But to be honest, they should of known better.

"Investigators collected at least 400 items from Oestrike’s home, including firearms, ammunition and knives. They also seized a number of electronics items and possessions from both victims."

But it's pretty god damn crazy that he had guns, ammo and knives in his home. Imagine if he just went along and did this to many other people as well?

Senior Member Groupie firelily99's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

You have to be very careful online, the anonymity of it emboldens the whackos. You just never know what you are getting on the internet.

Member Roadie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 14/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

There may be other sites this is happening on as well but it just isn't "news worthy" because those other sites are not as big as Craigslist. I would express that people should be careful when they are looking for something like that, they need to do a whole entire background chest, get medical records to make sure there are no diseases and everything. People always take the coward way out when they get into trouble like that, the guy shot himself and now they may never find the boyfriends head because what if the killer buried it somewhere?

How sad that a teenage mother had to die and almost at the time when her baby was supposed to be born, three lives lost within a short manner of time. I do not see how such people could exist in the world, rather disgusting that someone would go and kill people like that, however it may of been for a sick twisted sexual need. Some killers get joy out of killing and it is kind of gross.

Junior Member Lil' Homie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Omg this story is so sad. I wish there was a way to spot out these horrific people. I use craigslist all the time(not for sex), after reading this I don't think I will anymore. I will keep this family in my prays.

Member Roadie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Wait, wat? Why would a pregnant chick look for sex on CL? Both her and her bf were prolly into fetish prostitution and weird things do happen there. Such a tragic loss of life.

Senior Member Yes Man latoya0511's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/1
    Given: 1/1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I mean a lot of people dont think about it but you have to be extremely cautious when dealing with anybody online period. Craiglist is a trap for most people. I mean you are reading text and sometimes a picture. A person can easily deceive someone on there. I have sold things from a Facebook sale page but i always met in daylight and brought others with me.

Senior Member Groupie darlynda09's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/1
    Given: 2/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Thats pretty creepy, how would you even allow that guy near you.. Did any of you see how the guy looked?