Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Lottery Winner Forced To Share $1.7Mill With Psychic Waiter

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    http://www.inquisitr.com/1354537/lot...-with-psychic/

A lottery winner from the United Kingdom has been forced to share his winnings with a psychic waiter who predicted his victory.

This ordeal began several weeks ago when Fatih Ozcan, a waiter at the Kapadokya Turkish restaurant in York, England, dreamt that he had shown a bundle of cash to his manager, Hayati Kucukkoylu. Mr Ozcan then decided to pester Mr Kucykkoylu to buy a EuroMillions lottery ticket in order to see if his prophecy would come true.

Finally, after constantly being harangued, Mr Kucykkoylu decided to visit his local supermarket and bought his ticket.

Against all of the odds, Mr Ozcan’s prediction proved to be true and astoundingly one of Mr Kucuykkoylu’s tickets ended up winning $1.7million.

However this is where the trouble began. Even though Kucuykkoylu paid for the ticket himself and even picked out the winning numbers too, Ozcan insisted that he was entitled to half of his winnings. Why? Because not only had he gone out and physically purchased the ticket from the store, but it was his dream that had persuaded Kucuykkoylu to actually enter the lottery.

Kucuykkoylu didn’t agree with this assessment though, and he told Ozcan that the winnings were only his and that his employee wasn’t entitled to any of the money.

Ozcan was so adamant that he deserved some of the money though that he even called lottery officials to tell them that the ticket had been stolen from him. Mr Kucukkoylu was then held in police custody for nine hours after being arrested, but he was released after Ozcan admitted he had lied about the theft.

After hearing the case though Judge Mark Gosnell sided with Ozcan as he proclaimed that Ozcan had been a strong believer in the power of his dreams. The judge remarked that Ozcan had interpreted the dream to mean that they would win the lottery.

Gosnell also stated that the fact Ozcan could be seen on CCTV pestering Kucukkoylu to buy the ticket, and that more surveillance footage showed them picking out the numbers together, which helped him reach his conclusion.

“I find that the effect of these conversations was that Mr. Kucukkoylu and Mr. Ozcan entered into a contract to jointly play the lottery on an equal basis. The prize money should be shared equally between them” Gosnell noted.

“I cannot see why he would be so determined to make his employer play if he was not directly to benefit,” he continued. “It is much more likely that he would badger his employer for hours if his dream was that they had played together and he needed his employer to play for the dream to come true.”

Senior Member Groupie darlynda09's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/1
    Given: 2/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Wow, Even if he did buy the ticket, i would've did what the judge decided and split it between the 2 guys, if it wasn't for the employee, the manager wouldn't have won!! lol

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/1
    Given: 3/14
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I mean, it's kind of weird.

Senior Member Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/1
    Given: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

" Mr. Kucukkoylu and Mr. Ozcan entered into a contract to jointly play the lottery on an equal basis",that statement should suffice for a decision to be made.Moreover the boss wouldn't have ever played if it wasn't for his waiter and a video showed they both picking the numbers.How could that owner be selfish and ungrateful.I'm glad the waiter got his share..

Junior Member Lil' Homie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

How selfish of the lottery winner to not even offer some of the winnings to the man who convinced him to buy the ticket. Though I don't think he should've been forced by law to share his winnings, as he did take the risk by purchasing the ticket himself.

Senior Member Groupie darlynda09's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I kind of agree, i actually think 75/25 percent would of been sufficient enough of a share for the employee.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I think the guy that had the dream, deserved some of the lottery money. I dont think he needs to get half of it, but some of it belongs to him! He is the one who put it out there about his dream & if it wasn't for him, who knows if anyone wouldve won anything

Super Moderator Yes Man Swagawa's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 13/1
    Given: 6/0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I'm gunna become a waiter, and every time someone pays the check, i'mma be like you're going to win the lottery soon. :P
    If you're a Manchester United fan, or just someone that loves discussing football (soccer), then come check out my site, Red Devil Fans!

http://reddevilfans.com/index.php

We host tons of great contests that can see you winning Man Utd merchandise simply by posting!

Senior Member Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I think that's only fair. It was the waiter's idea to get the ticket and it seems like he even needed further convincing, so after all that effort, I'd say he is entitled to the winnings, and even half doesn't really seem to me like that much considering they both would have none of it had it never happened.

Senior Member Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 13/2
    Given: 32/0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I think it's fair that he shares the money with the waiter. He wouldn't have won the lottery if it wasn't for him. I've always said that people offer to do things for other people before receiving money, and do something totally different when they actually receive the money. It's just how people work.

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

LOL well you know what, I think this is a fair judgement. Shame on the boss for having to wait until a judge stepped in to split the winnings with his employee. In my opinion, the fact that the waiter was as instrumental as he was makes splitting the cash right down the middle pretty reasonable.

I have read other stories about people who just bolt and forget everybody they once knew after hitting the jackpot and that's just too bad. If somoene helps you, you should remember them when things work out.

Junior Member Lil' Homie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

wow this is like one of those crazy dilemmas that you read about in children's stories. I'm not sure how I feel about the ruling though, the ticket belonged to the man who bought it, it was his money he used so it the winnings should be his as well. Plus, the waiter just persuaded him to buy the ticket, it's not like he gave him the winning numbers.

Member Roadie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 14/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Whoever bought the ticket should get the money, anyone could go out there and be like "I predict that I will today" And then actually win, it is a one in a million life-time chance to win. I do not care who's idea it was to get the ticket, the person who thought of it should of gotten the ticket rather than making someone else pay to get it. I could understand if you chipped in for the ticket, but that isn't the case in this. This sort of thing makes me sick and no wonder why I don't watch the news or read a lot about it!

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Well, they should just split the earnings in case the psychic does some sort of ancient ritual and messes up the guys life lol.

I wouldn't of even entered the lottery in the first place, too much hassle because everyone wants your money and you have to hire lawyers, etc in case someone tries to scam you out of your money.

Senior Member Yes Man Askanison's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/6
    Given: 43/7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I see right now i will have to stand outside the store and comment on everybody buying a ticket now. That's kind of like a free lottery all it's own.
    Really though sounds like bull. I can see him being entitled to a reward but who knows what kind of verbal agreement they had before hand.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.