Given: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I figure those doors will get some pretty sick graffiti on them pretty soon
    I don0t know why rich people do this kind of stuff, they're only putting a target on their forehead.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Well, they wanted to have an ignorant policy in place and that's what they got. I wouldn't live there if I am force to go through a back door like I am a piece of filth. I understand it's their company and their policy. However, if you had an issue with those who have a lesser income, then perhaps you should have stayed away from the real estate industry altogether. Times are hard and not many people are very rich nowadays.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by firelily99 View Post
    What's next, seats on the back of the bus? Surely someone with a smidgen of common sense will step and point out the insanity of such a thing. If the want to have a separate class system then maybe the should get rid of democracy and have a ruler like a queen.
    We used to have seats on the back of the bus...I don't think we're going that far again. This is just one place remember.

Senior Member Yes Man Askanison's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/6
    Given: 43/7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Well the only reason the building is allowed to be built is because of the lower income units plus the building gets HUGE tax credits. So actually these developers are trying to rip off the tax payer of the city of New York.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Junior Member Noob
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

And the poor end up paying more in taxes. So it pretty much means this building is using poor people's money to discriminate against poor people.

Member Lil' Homie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I read about that and I was so irritated of the fact that people actually want this door, this 'poor door' is not necessarily for poor people it is for people with affordable housing. This is a shame, the stratification in our society is ridiculous.

Junior Member Lil' Homie je2014's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Livvy View Post
    We used to have seats on the back of the bus...I don't think we're going that far again. This is just one place remember.
    You never know, history always repeating itself.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I'm afraid the gap just keeps getting bigger...Best to just enjoy the ride though and not get caught up in emotional responses. Be in the moment I suppose.

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Swagawa View Post
    Why don't we just clear everyone out of Canada and give it to all the rich people in the world to live in so they don't have to be hassled by us poor people? ;P What is this world coming to..
    Come on, man. You know that won't work... who will cook for them and who will they point and laugh at then they drive their fancy cars? Who will wait on them and make them feel important?

Seriously, these guys aren't even trying to hide their disdain for the non-wealthy people. I mean how can someone even propose this? I don't see how this will stand- this just REEKS of discrimination. I imagine some lawyer is going to make a name for himself fighting this.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/4
    Given: 6/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

It's going to drive a wedge between people of different classes. Separation breeds hatred and though it seems below the surface I agree with the guy who said that this is going to make things really bad for the rich unless they hire lots of security guards and body guards to protect them. This is what happens when you treat your neighbors like trash — you'll have to live with the fear that they're planning to do something to you.

Senior Member Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Wow that sounds so absurd that it's unbelievable. I don't know how they even thought of considering this, since even though I know that they can be callous, surely they know well enough not to be blatant about it.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 11/0
    Given: 6/1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

It's bad enough have most of the poor world hate rich people, now you get to live with them.

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

The divide between rich and poor is ever widening. Soon there will be supermarkets only for the rich and others that are designated solely for the poor. Or does that already exist?
    Separate "class doors" will certainly contribute to already existing tensions. I can't believe that things are moving into this direction. At the same time I wonder if the media are hyping it up to cause even more friction.

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ambrosia View Post
    The divide between rich and poor is ever widening. Soon there will be supermarkets only for the rich and others that are designated solely for the poor. Or does that already exist?
    Separate "class doors" will certainly contribute to already existing tensions. I can't believe that things are moving into this direction. At the same time I wonder if the media are hyping it up to cause even more friction.
    Dude the supermarket thing exists. Some supermarkets are priced out of poor area and only operate in wealthier more affluent area. Whole Foods has been accused of this. It is the same way you only have Porche dealerships in certain areas. Economic segregation has existed for a very, very long time.

Junior Member Rookie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I see both sides of this story, I'm by no means rich nor a snob but I have neighbors living above me (set of apartments) who bring so much trouble around here, we own our apartment as do many of our neighbors but the ones upstairs don't and they are on welfare with 5 kids (2 only live there as 3 were taken off them).. A separate building for those types would be appreciated universally amongst those who own an apartment here.