Given: 6/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Anyone here listen to rock?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I do. I can't say that I have a favorite band but if I was to choose, then Metallica would be the band I'd choose. But come to think of it, I only listen to about 100 or so rock songs which are probably some of the greatest rock songs ever made. I'd like to build up my play-list a little bit more but to do so I need some help.

If you listen to rock music, which songs would you recommend? Any top five best ones.

Senior Member Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 13/2
    Given: 32/0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I listen to everything from rock to classical music. Sticking wit one genre of music will get you quite bored with it in no time. I listen to rap, rock, reggae, punk, goth, rockabilly, blues, jazz, electronica, dark wave, new wave, minimal wave, EBM, industrial, you name it. I also play guitar, bass guitar, harmonica and drums. I think with all that said, you already get the idea that i really love music.

Yung God Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0
    Given: 12/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

hahahaha
    in the 80s everyone was into that speed metal shit

i wasnt really a fan of it but i like to bang out a few classics here and there
    all those long haired kids in my school were massive posers that would bump that glam shit etc

ive only really listened to a few metallica songs i couldnt be bothered getting too deep into the whole scene

Junior Member Rookie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

What do you consider rock? I like classic rock such as Rush and Lynyrd Skynyrd, a little Metallica.

Member Roadie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I'm open to all types of music. I can't name a lot of rock stuff but I was listening to Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, and stuff like that. I can't really do much heavy metal. I like the breakdowns and guitar solos from System of a down tho.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 109/16
    Given: 65/4
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Not into rock at all, I don't get it.

Senior Member Groupie pascualTO's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Given: 1/0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

A lot of today's rap has old school rock influences anyways so even if you don't directly listen to rock music, there is still a lot of rock influence in the rap we listen to. A lot of artists sample old rock songs.

I like basically all genres I guess. I like some rock. More of the heavy stuff.

Member Lil' Homie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I actually like rock music. My favorite artists/bands are Billy Talent, Dire Straits, Boston, Nickelback, ACDC, Kiss, Rod Stewart and Billy Idol.

Senior Member Yes Man mcjonesqwe's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/0
    Given: 11/1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I think a lot of people like rock music, it's so neutral to everyone's tastes. I grew up with a lot of rock music but quickly got tired of it like someone mentioned because I focused on classic rock too much. The same songs literally played over and over and I got tired of it. However, I like to listen to other sub-genres sometimes like metal. My favorite bands would be Nickleback (bring the hate) , Metallica, and AC/DC.

Super Moderator Yes Man Swagawa's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 13/1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I listen to pretty much anything, but I find it hard to categorize the music I listen to into genres. But I went through a phase as a kid where Rock was all I listened to. I went crazy for the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
    If you're a Manchester United fan, or just someone that loves discussing football (soccer), then come check out my site, Red Devil Fans!

http://reddevilfans.com/index.php

We host tons of great contests that can see you winning Man Utd merchandise simply by posting!

Senior Member Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/2
    Given: 13/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I listen to rock quite often, especially when I'm in the mood to get myself pumped up. There are so many rock songs that I like that it's hard to pinpoint my favorite songs. But I do like to recommend Disturbed and Breaking Benjamin as my most listened to bands right now.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sidney View Post
    I listen to rock quite often, especially when I'm in the mood to get myself pumped up. There are so many rock songs that I like that it's hard to pinpoint my favorite songs. But I do like to recommend Disturbed and Breaking Benjamin as my most listened to bands right now.
    Omg, Breaking Benjamin - Diary of Jane was my jam for soooo long. Bout to find it on Youtube again, was such a sick song.
    If you're a Manchester United fan, or just someone that loves discussing football (soccer), then come check out my site, Red Devil Fans!

We host tons of great contests that can see you winning Man Utd merchandise simply by posting!

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Yeah, I love listening to rock. I especially like power rock as it always lifts my mood and gives me energy when I am down. I like metal rock bands like Megadeth, Iron Maiden and Metallica. One of my favourite pick-up songs of all times is by Kiss "I was made for loving you". Whenever I hear that song I have to sing along with it wherever I am.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ambrosia View Post
    Yeah, I love listening to rock. I especially like power rock as it always lifts my mood and gives me energy when I am down. I like metal rock bands like Megadeth, Iron Maiden and Metallica. One of my favourite pick-up songs of all times is by Kiss "I was made for loving you". Whenever I hear that song I have to sing along with it wherever I am.
    Haha man, Kiss pumped out classic after classic. I remember when my friend introduced them to me, fell in love with that band. You ever watch Role Models? There was a ton of Kiss in it, was so funny.

Senior Member Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/1
    Given: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I actually like Rock music but every other person i meet doesn't like it at all,may be because it is the same song being played over and over.
    Linkin Park-Numb and Metallica -Nothing else matters would be on my fav list for sure.
    When i was schooling,this was a craze..we will rock you -queen and maybe it still is.