Given: 6/0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Geocaching

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Any other fellow Geocachers on here? It's something I recently got into where there's boxes hidden all over the world, and there's a notepad in it that you sign with your name, and people leave cool items in it, and if you see anything cool you like, you can leave something, and take something.
    You are told the area it's in, and then given some clues on how to find the box, and it's awesome finding them.
    I just recently found my first one, and am planning days to go get some more.
    I will also be setting up one near my house that I can check on monthly and see how many people can find it.
    Check out the website here:
    https://www.geocaching.com/
    And see if there's any near you!
    If you're a Manchester United fan, or just someone that loves discussing football (soccer), then come check out my site, Red Devil Fans!

http://reddevilfans.com/index.php

We host tons of great contests that can see you winning Man Utd merchandise simply by posting!

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/3
    Given: 15/3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

This is really awesome to hear about my girlfriend has been talking to me about this for quite some time and I'm so glad I came across this post and to see how interested you are in it because she has the same amount of enthusiasm towards this subject and will be very excited. I take this as a sign that I need to start geocaching now! I've heard it too much not to.

Super Moderator Yes Man Swagawa's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 13/1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maul View Post
    This is really awesome to hear about my girlfriend has been talking to me about this for quite some time and I'm so glad I came across this post and to see how interested you are in it because she has the same amount of enthusiasm towards this subject and will be very excited. I take this as a sign that I need to start geocaching now! I've heard it too much not to.
    Yea, you'll love it. It's a great feeling finding a box you've been looking for and seeing all the cool stuff people left behind. The stuff in the first box I found was a gold coin, an aviator pin, and 2 old baseball cards (which I took and replaced with 2 marbles). But I live on a small island in the Caribbean, so there's not much Geocachers back down here, I bet if you live in the States or something all the boxes will be stacked with sick stuff. (;
    If you're a Manchester United fan, or just someone that loves discussing football (soccer), then come check out my site, Red Devil Fans!

We host tons of great contests that can see you winning Man Utd merchandise simply by posting!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

My daughter and I tried Letter Boxing once, which is a lot like Geocaching. I wasn't sure if we'd like it or not, but it turned out to be a fun way to spend a day we would have just wasted sitting on the sofa.

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/3
    Given: 15/3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Oh Woah! I am definitely going to be researching this and setting one up. This is so something I want to be apart of. This whole idea just gives me good vibes!

Junior Member Rookie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I didn't realize how many boxes were hidden throughout our city. Just drove down the main road with my buddy the other day and he kept pointing out different places that had he had looked through. It's definitely a great hobby for people who want to feel like they're on an adventure.

Senior Member Groupie Strykstar's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I've been geocaching around my town, but there were only a handful of locations unfortunately, it's the problems with living in a small place

Member Lil' Homie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I didn't realize how many were hidden in my small home town, but there is a lot! I looked into it a few days ago, and plan on trying to find a few of them with my girlfriend in our free time.

Super Moderator Yes Man Swagawa's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 13/1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Strykstar View Post
    I've been geocaching around my town, but there were only a handful of locations unfortunately, it's the problems with living in a small place
    Same. I live on a small island, and they're all spread out that I can really only go for like 1-2 a day. But there in great locations, like at the top of hike paths, and in forts. Look forward to finding them all. :P

Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I tried getting into this geocaching hobby before, but I realized it wasn't really my thing. I'd rather stay home and play loud music. Yep!

Member Gang Member
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/1
    Given: 8/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

It seems so awesome, but I haven't been able to find any other people participating in my area unfortunately.