Given: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Man dies after NY police put a chokehold on him

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    6 foot 3" 300 pound man was killed after the police allegedly arrested him for breaking a fight. This man had has several arrests in the past for selling untaxed cigarettes and apparently the police thought that he was selling it when he was breaking up the fight.

This guy has an asthmatic problem and when he was under the chokehold, he was heard screaming "I can't breathe! I can't breathe!". Still the police paid no attentions to his outbursts and he eventually when unconscious. Then he went under cardiac arrest and died in a hospital later on.

The ironic thing about this is that the police were never authorized to put a chokehold on arrested people because it could cause problem, something we witnessed today.

Something tells me that these "police" are just going to get away with it like any other police brutality case.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...lice/12881805/

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 109/16
    Given: 65/4
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by retraction View Post
    6 foot 3" 300 pound man was killed after the police allegedly arrested him for breaking a fight. This man had has several arrests in the past for selling untaxed cigarettes and apparently the police thought that he was selling it when he was breaking up the fight.

This guy has an asthmatic problem and when he was under the chokehold, he was heard screaming "I can't breathe! I can't breathe!". Still the police paid no attentions to his outbursts and he eventually when unconscious. Then he went under cardiac arrest and died in a hospital later on.

The ironic thing about this is that the police were never authorized to put a chokehold on arrested people because it could cause problem, something we witnessed today.

Something tells me that these "police" are just going to get away with it like any other police brutality case.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...lice/12881805/
    This shit pisses me off

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Joke's on you if you think he's going to get anything but a slap on the wrist or paid leave for 'counseling'.

Also comical they brought up the fact he was selling untaxed cigarettes as an excuse to choke him out. One more 'dangerous' criminal off our streets!

Super Moderator Yes Man Swagawa's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 13/1
    Given: 6/0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I read about this on another site and it's just terrible. Anyone can become a police officer now, and I find most of them are just too rough and violent and need to be taught better. These people are supposed to be employed to keep us all feeling safe, when instead they are doing the opposite and harassing good people and making everyone hate the Police.
    If you're a Manchester United fan, or just someone that loves discussing football (soccer), then come check out my site, Red Devil Fans!

http://reddevilfans.com/index.php

We host tons of great contests that can see you winning Man Utd merchandise simply by posting!

Junior Member Noob
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Swagawa View Post
    I read about this on another site and it's just terrible. Anyone can become a police officer now, and I find most of them are just too rough and violent and need to be taught better. These people are supposed to be employed to keep us all feeling safe, when instead they are doing the opposite and harassing good people and making everyone hate the Police.
    Yea, sometimes too much power gets into the cop's head and they feel invincible. They don't realize that in modern society, martial law doesn't work anymore.

Administrator Reliable Person mdemaz's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 56/2
    Given: 57/0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Ugh, this sucks.

Why do they need to be so brutal?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mdemaz View Post
    Ugh, this sucks.

Why do they need to be so brutal?
    because cops are pig animals.

Senior Member Yes Man latoya0511's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/1
    Given: 1/1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I just posted this vid on my facebook. It sickens me to hear about things like this. The police constantly harass people and they actually do more harm than good.

Bogish Boy Member Yes Man snoop major's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Negligence, nyc cops been doin so many shady things past year i think society as a whole is goin down tha shiiter lol

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/1
    Given: 3/14
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Definitely a case of negligence. You can't break department protocol and put on the choke hold. Plus, why would you keep going when the guy is yelling that he can't breathe? These cops should be put in jail for brutality and abuse of power. I think that much is clear.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/4
    Given: 6/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Apparently, police are getting more and more violent and keep getting worse with time. We shouldn't expect that things will get better the more publicity these officers get. They simply point out to those who've been blind that the you can't mess with the police no more.

There was talk about the U.S drifting south [as for as respecting people's constitutional rights is concerned]. . . and eventually will be a full-blown police state.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

There's no 'apparently' about it. There's a ton of money flooding in from homeland security for cops to play military and it's showing up all over. Look at places like Arizona with that asshole sheriff blows money on an APC built to keep moving against IEDs. What the fuck do you need that for besides waiving your dick around in Arizona of all places?

Not to mention that story in Georgia with the poor baby who was hurt by a flashbang during a night raid for drugs. Pointless, wasteful. People who trust the police at this point frighten me.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ReinbachThe3rd View Post
    There's no 'apparently' about it. There's a ton of money flooding in from homeland security for cops to play military and it's showing up all over. Look at places like Arizona with that asshole sheriff blows money on an APC built to keep moving against IEDs. What the fuck do you need that for besides waiving your dick around in Arizona of all places?

Not to mention that story in Georgia with the poor baby who was hurt by a flashbang during a night raid for drugs. Pointless, wasteful. People who trust the police at this point frighten me.
    atleast the one cop lost his badge

Junior Member Rookie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

The worst part is that this isn't a new phenomenon. Things like this have been happening for decades and it doesn't seem like they're getting any better. Spike Lee addressed this in Do The Right Thing when Radio Raheem died at the end of the movie. Link for reference https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGM5x1qQUOI

Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez_Rules View Post
    The worst part is that this isn't a new phenomenon. Things like this have been happening for decades and it doesn't seem like they're getting any better. Spike Lee addressed this in Do The Right Thing when Radio Raheem died at the end of the movie. Link for reference https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGM5x1qQUOI
    thanks