Given: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Nerd core/Nerd rap

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    So while this could go into the Hip Hop forum, I figured that it's not really mainstream so I didn't want to get in trouble for putting it there when it shouldn't be.

For those who don't know, Nerdcore is basically a genre of hip hop which focuses upon well, nerdy subjects and themes. So for example, here's Adam Warrock rapping about Game of Thrones. Spoilers by the way.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I actually quite like this style, as I am watching game of thrones, I really enjoyed this when I first heard it. There's also quite a few gaming rappers, for example badministrator who raps about league of legends. They are not really super skilled rappers but it's still quite enjoyable if you are into it.

Administrator Reliable Person mdemaz's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 56/2
    Given: 57/0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I fucking love MC Frontalot.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 109/16
    Given: 65/4
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks

not bad

Banned Lil' Homie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I like early Gambino and Wax

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 109/16
    Given: 65/4
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by True Wiz View Post
    I like early Gambino and Wax
    never heard of them.. get on skype g

Super Moderator Yes Man Swagawa's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 13/1
    Given: 6/0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Would epic rap battles be considered Nerd core?
    If you're a Manchester United fan, or just someone that loves discussing football (soccer), then come check out my site, Red Devil Fans!

http://reddevilfans.com/index.php

We host tons of great contests that can see you winning Man Utd merchandise simply by posting!

Senior Member Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 13/2
    Given: 32/0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I thought Eminem had that nerd rap thing already covered. Although i do like me some rap, i think it's time it took another direction. Most people don't realize that rap has been around for more than thirty years with very little changes. I remember when Run DMC came out. It was something quite different, alright. But i think some things are just getting kind of old.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Navii View Post
    I actually quite like this style, as I am watching game of thrones, I really enjoyed this when I first heard it. There's also quite a few gaming rappers, for example badministrator who raps about league of legends. They are not really super skilled rappers but it's still quite enjoyable if you are into it.
    Haha, I actually know quite a few rappers who focus more upon games and such, it's just that Adam WarRock is one of my favourite nerdcore rappers, and I don't think he gets nearly enough love!

You should also check out Mega Ran if you like this sort of style, and Tribe One who has collaborated with Adam WarRock before. What's most interesting I think is that it gives a whole new perspective to things. Adam for example was a lawyer before he left to do something he loved;rapping and writing music. However, since the rappers and artists are at their core, nerds they often sing about emotions and troubles you don't ever really hear elsewhere. For example, Adam WarRock's 'Broken People' is about growing up as a nerd, being bullied and then being told that it's now 'cool' to be a nerd today.

Likewise, Tribe One came out with this:

Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places, but you don't often hear messages like this coming from other artists in the community, especially the more mainstream artists.

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Sounds pretty good to me. I've never heard of Nerdcore before. I actually feel quite attracted to nerds and everything nerdy. So, thanks for sharing this. I've never been one for mainstream genres or artists.

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

OK does anyone here remember Weird Al? I LOVED that guys work man. White and Nerdy was one of my favorite songs. He struck me as being very, very creative and that was something that I liked. It was rap, but different and fresh. Anyone else here like Weird Al? And talking about White and Nerdy reminds me about Chamillionaire... I know this is off topic, but does anyone remember him? I remember that I really liked his album Ultimate Victory. I loved Industry Groupie and Bill Collecta. That guy was incredible- his music had a message and was catchy too.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kayrockwell91 View Post
    OK does anyone here remember Weird Al? I LOVED that guys work man. White and Nerdy was one of my favorite songs. He struck me as being very, very creative and that was something that I liked. It was rap, but different and fresh. Anyone else here like Weird Al? And talking about White and Nerdy reminds me about Chamillionaire... I know this is off topic, but does anyone remember him? I remember that I really liked his album Ultimate Victory. I loved Industry Groupie and Bill Collecta. That guy was incredible- his music had a message and was catchy too.
    Does anyone remember Weird Al?

The man's just came out of semi retirement to release seven new songs every day in the past week! He's been all over the news.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

YTCracker used to crack me up in the day and his albums weren't too bad. I don't really follow it nowadays since the forum he trolled mercilessly is dead but man that was great to see threads like 'Post a picture of yourself with $2000 in hundred dollar bills and a Rolex on your wrist' and sure enough he was the poster.

Senior Member Yes Man mcjonesqwe's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/0
    Given: 11/1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Those songs aren't too bad, I kind of liked them. If Epic Rap Battles of History counts as nerd rap, then I'm totally into it. Those videos are absolutely great. I loved the Goku vs. Superman one that just came out a month ago.

Senior Member Groupie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Livvy View Post
    Does anyone remember Weird Al?

The man's just came out of semi retirement to release seven new songs every day in the past week! He's been all over the news.
    Are you serious? Wow I feel like a dumbass hahaha. I don't really follow new developments so I don't know what's going on on the scene right now. Actually when it comes to music I syick with what I know and rarely look for new things. I usually find a few songs that I like and listen to those for ages until the make me sick and I feel like I have to change and try something new. It might sound crazy but that is how I do things.

I'll have to check out his new stuff- I really liked some of his earlier work. I wish him all the best. Oh and thanks for the heads up!