Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Rapper Ca$his calls Irvine home
HTML tutorial

User Tag List

Thread: Rapper Ca$his calls Irvine home

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 109/16
    Given: 65/4
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Rapper Ca$his calls Irvine home

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    n1iqao-img955998.jpg
    SOURCE

Rapper Ca$his was raised in one of the most dangerous neighborhoods on Chicago’s South Side, spent five years signed to Eminem’s record label, and now lives in Irvine, America’s safest city.
    He loves it here.
    The 30-year-old rapper, born Ramone Johnson, has been shaped by both places.
    When he moved to Irvine with his mom at age 17, he attended University High School, made friends with local teens, and fell in love with making music. Two albums, three EPs and 11 mixtapes later, Ca$his is proud as ever to represent both of his hometowns.
    Though he still visits his family and friends back in Chicago, Irvine is where Ca$his has chosen to raise his children.
    The Irvine World News recently spoke with Ca$his about what it means to be the only rapper repping Irvine.

Q:
    What was your experience when you first came to Irvine?
    A: I fell in love with the scenery. I came to Irvine and I was just accepted immediately by everyone. It was way cool. It wasn't dangerous like it was in Chicago. I got a chance to just focus on my craft and figure out what I wanted to do with my life, because I was still a teenager at the time.
    When I came to Irvine as a wild, crazy kid from the Midwest, no one ran away (from me). They wanted to learn about my environment and where I was from and how we did things. And then I learned about how they did things out there, and that's how I got my style. My style is a mixture of both. I can be in the nice house right by the police station with no problems. Or I can go outside of Orange County and show my Chicago-ness. I'm comfortable in other surroundings. It gave me great versatility.

Q:
    Was it difficult to adjust?
    A: My change was I could walk out of the house and not be paranoid and have my guard up. When I first got to Irvine, I was a little bit too wild because I still had my Chicago aggressiveness and so I was reacting to things the same way I was in Chicago. I was always skeptical of people, and I had to just learn that people are different in Irvine. And I embraced that. It helped me to maintain my freedom because it let me know that there are some good people in this world that aren't trying to harm you.

Q:
    Was there a hip-hop scene in Irvine at the time?
    A:There was a music scene in school. Everybody was rapping. You had a bunch of (rap) crews… My friend had the studio set up in his house. So that's where I actually recorded my first songs. I fell in love (with rap music) after I recorded my first records. That was it. I knew from that moment on that my focus was going to be on music.

Q:
    You tour frequently, but what do you like to do when you come home?
    A:I like to spend my time enjoying the beautiful scenery. I like going to the Spectrum and getting something good to eat. I watch sports, play video games, hang out with my homies, and enjoy the O.C. lifestyle. It's the best place you can be.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/1
    Given: 3/14
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Irvine is a pretty nice little city, although there are far too many Asians there thanks to UC Irvine. I'm Asian, and I can't stand going to Irvine sometimes. People can't drive there, but at least the food is good.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by troutski View Post
    Irvine is a pretty nice little city, although there are far too many Asians there thanks to UC Irvine. I'm Asian, and I can't stand going to Irvine sometimes. People can't drive there, but at least the food is good.
    Lmao I agree with the driving part. Do you live in Orange County @troutski

Senior Member Yes Man mcjonesqwe's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/0
    Given: 11/1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Cool article. Glad I didn't grow up in a huge city where I'm shaped into that kind of paranoid/rough person by habit. Good for Ca$his.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/1
    Given: 3/14
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HomieOC View Post
    Lmao I agree with the driving part. Do you live in Orange County @troutski
    Nah, I live in San Diego, but I go up to Irvine to see friends every once in awhile. I'm usually around UC Irvine. I went to college up in Northridge, too.

Banned Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 13/2
    Given: 5/2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Good to see when these guys make it out of the ghetto and into nice towns and cribs. From rags to riches in a business which is literally cutthroat.

Administrator Reliable Person mdemaz's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 56/2
    Given: 57/0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Nice read.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Yeah, I love Ca$his he's family..

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 7/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Awesome. Wish I could go to Irvine. It seems like a really nice place and it's so cool that Cashis raps Irvine.
    People will stare. Make it worth their while. ~ Harry Winston