Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Do you hate listening to mainstream Pop music?
HTML tutorial

User Tag List

Thread: Do you hate listening to mainstream Pop music?

Junior Member Rookie beccagreen's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 1/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Do you hate listening to mainstream Pop music?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Not all of the mainstream pop songs of today are bad though but most of them are just atrocious. If the beat didn't cut you off with its sheer dull repetitiveness then the lyrics would probably set you on fire. Pop songs of today and pop artists tend to sing about only these three things sex, money and drugs all the time. It's like they can't think of anything else to sing about, don't even get me started with the music videos.

I'm not generalizing the genre but it's just that it's unbelievable how the stupidest songs get a million hits, like that LMFAO song. It's like one of the dumbest song I've ever heard, I mean, the song is basically about parading your d**k and yet everybody loves it. Unbelievable.

Junior Member Lil' Homie johnnear's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Yes. But not all of them. Some of them are pretty okay but most of them are just plain silly and stupid. Most of the time pop songs are just pretty girls showing off their breasts and pretending they can sing.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 17/2
    Given: 20/1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I don't like most mainstream pop music, but there are a couple of pop singers that I like. I have a soft spot for Britney Spears because she's a survivor who went through a lot of crap including being committed for psychiatric help and control of her money being handed over to her father. Remember the year she shaved her head and married some guy for 24 hours? It's kind of nice to see her healthy and doing a regular show in Vegas instead of being nomadic and touring. I used to really dislike her music, but after the "Leave Britney alone" backlash and the South Park cartoon about her trying to kill herself, I like her now. Besides some of her more recent stuff like Womanizer and Work Bitch is kind of badass.

Member Gang Member
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/1
    Given: 8/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I disagree with you guys. I personally like pop music. Now, it's not my favorite genre of music, but I honestly enjoy songs from every genre of music. Now I definitely won't say that I'm obsessed with basic mainstream pop music like a lot of other people my age, but I do like a lot of it. Plus it's good to know the songs in case I decide to go out one night!

Senior Member Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I love pop music and I can't get enough of it. I especially like the modern ones because it's much more refined and evolved. I agree that some of them can be too shallow and silly, but I don't really expect to get enlightened when I listen to pop music.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I listen to some mainstream pop music when I'm in a car or if it's a very good song to me I listen to it no youtube a couple of times and that's it. I don't hate listening to pop music at all, but it just doesn't fit my taste as good as some other genres like rap/hip-hop, rock or metal does. While some mainstream pop songs are really good, some of them are so bad that I wonder how they even became mainstream in the first place. Than I remember how many people live in this world and that so many people can't have the same taste as I do.

Member Roadie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/1
    Given: 3/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Yes. But not all of them. Some of them are pretty okay but most of them are just plain silly and stupid. Most of the time pop songs are just pretty girls showing off their breasts and pretending they can sing.
    I agree with the opinion of "johnnear" there are good singers in this genre music, there are also bad, but life is so I guess.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 17/4
    Given: 14/2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I am a fan of some pop songs but not all. The same goes for all genres of music for me actually. Pop songs are called pop songs for a reason. Most pop songs are generic, simple, catchy songs. The lyrics usually are not very deep.

Administrator Reliable Person mdemaz's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 56/2
    Given: 57/0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Nah.

I still like some songs by female artists.

Senior Member Yes Man
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 13/2
    Given: 32/0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks

There are some good songs in the mainstream, but most of them are crap, IMHO. It all comes down to taste. If you like them, you're in luck because you'll hear them everywhere.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 25/0
    Given: 59/1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I feel that everyone deserves a chance at becoming a superstar. Aside from that, very few people will have the opportunity to surpass Michael Jackson, Mariah Carey, Britney Spears and maybe a couple of other entertainers.

Member Roadie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I'll listen to some of it not too much of it though

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 2/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I don't think it is just about pop, most anything that is mainstream is atrocious. I have always gone for most of the underdogs when it comes to music. Those that try and get out there on their own before they sign their life away to a label and loose their roots. When you haven't sold out yet, the music is always better, a bigger connection to the audience and it is more appreciative too.

Member Roadie
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I don't listen to much pop music these days. Once in a while I hear something that sounds catchy, but I very seldom actually download any pop.